sky was beautiful this evening!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bhudda, Oct 6, 2002.

1. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Any one hit the skykomish today? was there this evening around 5 and the fish were jumping like jacks. left around 7 as the pink and silver reflection of the sun left the water . caught nothing but sounds and sights, some big fish 14-20 in. easily. was off the 311th st rd. in sultan. take care! bhudda :CLOWN

2. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Uh, what kind of fish? Please say Steelies!

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
    Matthew 4:19

3. Scott Rethke

Scott Rethke Member

I would be surprised if they were summer run steelies. With the rain salmon may be becoming more active in the river.........

4. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Tell me about it.

I was out on the Sky until about 7:45 with a partner, and I fished the head of the hole, and he was downstream, when I looked downstream, I saw the most beautiful red sky, and he was in the middle of a cast, I almost wanted a poster size picture.

I struck out. He, on the other hand, got a big nate steelie on the NF Sky, and a jack salmon just downstream of Proctor Creek.

We did see a number of jumping fish at the NF/SF confluence hole, and not to mention a big mayfly hatch went off there, not that anyone was interested.

Rob
    ---------
    Genetic pollution damages wild
    stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

5. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

sorry, honestly couldnt say, but would lean toward salmon, maybe src.? :DUNNO

6. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

I was out there until around 6:30 near Monroe. Caught zero, had one hit while stripping in line to make my next cast. It felt bigger than a smolt too... oh well. Saw a few salmon splashing around here and there.