Skykomish Report 6/5

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by CLO, Jun 6, 2014.

1. CLO coho where are you?

Seattle
    Ratings: +307 / 0
    Removing sky info
  2. Tyler Sadowski Member

Kirkland, wa
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Good report. Ill be doing that float all weekend. Nice to see some bulls coming out of the upper river.
  3. chodder Member

Snohomish, WA
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Nice.. I plan on battling the sky crowds this weekend as well.
  4. Tyler Sadowski Member

Kirkland, wa
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    I will be in my WM floating from high bridge so If you see a dude with a rep your water hat and fly rods strapped to his watermaster that will be me. Hopefully its not too bad crowd wise. I'm not sure how far sleds can get up river right now so hopefully that limits a few boats. I have had some close calls in my WM with sleds. Apparently its funny to almost run somebody over on the river.
  5. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    Bull trout, the future of PS steelheading. Yay!

I think I'm gonna' stick with 5 and 6 wt Speys from here on.

Sg
  6. ChaseBallard bushwhacker

Seatown
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Nice report. I swung the spot featured in your first photo on Tuesday evening. Must have been before the railroad nazis were out in force as I didn't see another human all evening.

Lost something decent in the inside seam right where you're standing. Didn't feel like steel but certainly bigger than a cutty. Fun bushwacking and boulder hopping in there and none of the combat of Reiter.

Hope some fly guys find some Sky steel this weekend. My woodinville gear buddies have been reporting hatchery brat bloodbaths daily.
    CLO likes this.
  7. Smalma Active Member

Marysville, Washington
    Ratings: +653 / 0
    Nice day on the river!

Early reports from the Sky indicate that we may be in for an exception summer!!

From the yesterday's Everett Herald - "...the best opener in many years....knowledgeable fisherman estimated 150 to 200 steelhead taken in the stretch of Reiter down to the cable hole."

The jet sheds also had a good opener in the middle river. The early returns to the hatchery rack at Reiter is running roughly 3 times of that at this time last year.

Could it be that marine survivals are actually starting to turn around - good summer returns, the second good escapement of wild steelhead in the Skagit - fingers crossed that the trend continues.

Curt
    chodder, ChaseBallard and plaegreid like this.
  8. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +986 / 0
    Dear NSA:

I did not cross a railroad track.
    CLO likes this.
  9. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +737 / 0
    My buddies whacked a bunch on the opener as well. Good to hear good news. Hell I might even visit Reiter this year :)
  10. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +578 / 0
    Pink flies wow that's so gay.
    Jeff Sawyer, jake-e-boy and CLO like this.
  11. Seattle Gooner New Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Fantastic. Rolling out there this week. Hope to get lucky on that river. :) Thanks for the update.
    CLO likes this.
  12. jake-e-boy Active Member

Kennewick
    Ratings: +202 / 0
    dem black flies though [IMG]
    CLO likes this.
  13. Mike Garritson Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Great report! Thanks.
    CLO likes this.
  14. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +133 / 0
    I've been out twice since the opener swinging a few runs and hanging out with my buddies from BNSF without so much as a sniff. Monday will hopefully offer something more promising. Water is surprisingly clear for when I fished it 7K or so.
  15. skyrise Active Member

everett, wa.
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    so did the BN railroad guys actually come out and run you off ? guess i cant blame them with all the wackos out there. but it does limit the entry points.
  16. 13.robb New Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    I fished all over the upper portions today without any hassle from railroad swine. Maybe it was just an opening weekend phenomenon.
  17. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    float? you running whitewater or fishing up there?
  18. Evan Virnoche Guest

its obamas management of this country that is leading to such great success in hatchery returns
    ComeOnSounders likes this.
  19. CLO coho where are you?

Seattle
    Ratings: +307 / 0

Yes, patrol car warned us about crossing the tracks due to some idiot getting clipped by a train.
  20. Evan Virnoche Guest

clo you got a boat right?