Skykomish/Snohomish pinks/cohos

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by cz, Sep 17, 2001.

1. cz

cz New Member

Fished the mouth of the Sky this weekend. Plenty of pinks and even a few silvers were moving through the mouth. Caught quite a few pinks on egg sucking leeches but the silvers seemed determined to shoot through pretty quickly and we had no takers...

Plenty of fish there right now if you want some fun action on the fly rod...

2. n1507l

n1507l New Member

New to the area - how do I get there?

3. cz

cz New Member

Go to Monroe on 522. Take the first Monroe exit and take the first right at the roundabout, I can't remember the street name but it goes right by the high school there. Follow the curvy road for a few miles and after you cross under the highway bridge you'll see truck pulled off on the side of the road. Park near there and walk under the bridge on the trail. You hike up through some brush on the side of a slough and walk for about 10 minutes, before coming out into the dry part of a riverbed. Keep walking and you'll see the mouth of the Sky where it feeds into the Snohomish.

Either wade out in the mouth and target the fish there, or go upstream on the Sky about 100 yards. There's some nice water, 3 or 4 feet deep where you'll see the fish moving up. We swung egg sucking leeches and other flies in front of the pods and had good success. Floating lines with a few split shot about 12 inches up the 9 foot leader did the trick.

Sometimes the fish are not aggressive for an hour or more, but eventually they seem to turn on for no particular reason. Enjoy....

4. jgrins

jgrins New Member

How was the fishing pressure at the mouth of the Sky?

5. guest

guest Guest

I thought all that area is/was posted no parking. Jim S.

6. cz

cz New Member

There were 3 or 4 boats fishing near the mouth last weekend. Only saw 3 other bankies down from the mouth on the Snohomish.

There is parking under the bridge (directions I posted above), but you do have to park on the other side of the signs....