Slim chance of a Cast and Blast...

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Roper, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +796 / 1
    Things couldn't be crazier. My Dad's estate in Florida is being settled and it looks like I need to go down there soon. My Father in law has been placed in an assisted care facility and his wife is in meltdown. My stepson may have to go to England for treatment of diving related cold temperature injury/illness and needs a navigator. All I want to do is hunt birds and go fishing on my birthday. But duty and family calls...

The only possibility is the week of October 11th. And that might get screwed up if things in Florida linger on.

Good news is that quail will be open and fishing should be really good. So, if anyone is interested in heading up that way, PM me and we can sort out what the possibilities are.

Maybe next year it won't be so crazy.
  2. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    Hang in there....our thoughts are with you.
  3. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Good luck with your family Roper...we'll leave some fish and feathered friends for you.

Andrew
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,506 / 9
    Roper, all the best wishes during this hectic time for you and your family. May your travels return you safe.
  5. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Hang in there, ya don't have to look far to see someone else with more problems than yourself.
    And ya just might get a chance to chase some red fish, or snook, how about some baby tarpon, bones?
    Then there is the fresh water with alligators, large mouth bass.
    Florida doesn't sound so bad after all.
    Travel safe.
  6. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +209 / 0
    Roper:

Sorry to hear about all the craziness. It happens and ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. Safe travels to ya and I hope all turns out well for the inlaws and step son.

MB
  7. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    My thoughts are w/ you and your family.

I'd love to be able to go out w/ you, however I head east for my daughter's birthday on the 15th so my days-off are spoken for for that narrow window. Hope you are able to get out and free up your mind for a few hours. Hang in there.
  8. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Sorry to hear about all the troubles. My mother in law just passed away Monday, so we are having a difficult time as well although she has not recognized anyone for about a year, so her passing is a blessing, but it is my wife's last parent and she is having a tough time right now. My setter and I would love to hook up for some hunting later this season. November or December would be good for me if your life gets a little back to normal. PM me if something works out! Rick
  9. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear that, Roper, all the best to you and yours!!

Jc