Small flies for Coho

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jim Wallace, Sep 7, 2011.

1. skyrise Active Member

everett, wa.
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Smalma, ok will keep trying. when i get the boat back in the works, will explore the avenues better that you mention.
  2. D Weibel New Member

Bainbridge Island
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I had heard about a small fly shop in Sea View, WA a few months ago, so I decided to find the shop when I was there over the long weekend. The shop is owned by Chuck Cameron mentioned in the opening post. He's 81 and still tying flies and fishing the local waters. What a nice gentlemen! The shop is nothing more than small room off the side of his house, but well stocked with his fly tying creations. If you are in the area I recommend you stop by for a visit and to pick up some terrific flies.
  3. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    I could get a hold of Chuck Cameron for you, he is personal friend of mine. He would be happy to show you that reverse spider, He does have good luck with it.
  4. Speychucker New Member

Mission B.C. Canada
    One of my favorite coho flies, many a fish has fallen for this one.
    The California Neil tyed on a TMC 9394 #10
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Thanks, rainbow. I plan to look up his fly shop next time I drive down that way. I might go check out a couple of small year-round ponds near there that I've never fished.

6. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Speychucker, Thanks, I like the looks of that. I think it could be done up nicely on a tube, too.
  7. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +292 / 0
    love to see that do you have a picture of it?
  8. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
  9. South Fork Active Member

Trondheim, Norway
    Ratings: +34 / 0
    Pink. Anywhere from 2-6 inches long, of bunny strips. Or Pollywogs in Pink. Lots of fun.

At least in AK they aren't picky.....
  10. Cannon Member

Victoria,B.C.
    Superb pattern for Coho, Pinks and Chums off the beach and in estuaries. Also very effective in blue and in a darker green and tied with a red thread head.