Snagger karma

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by triploidjunkie, Sep 17, 2013.

1. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,262 / 0
    enlightened and aplTyler like this.
  2. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +706 / 1
    This thread is obviously geared toward the young, social media connected segment of the forum. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you or someone you fish with is wearing some new hardware?
  3. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Huh???
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    Freestoneangler:

I'll go with Trip, huh?
  5. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    TJ, I think that address is bogus
  6. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4
    Yeah, let me be the third.....Huh?????

Karma indeed! Right in the elbow...ouch!
  7. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    I think I get it now. Maybe if you're not a Facebook member you can't go to the WDFW site?
  8. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +844 / 1
    Interesting, the comments include the actual elbow-owner (and friends) who insist that the "fly" actually came from a salmon snagged by a tribal fisherman, using a "Skok" fly? Hmm...
    enlightened likes this.
  9. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    I actually never read the comments. I'll have to now.
  10. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4
    I was driving around the Skok while camping at Potlach over Labor day. Never really even seen the Skok so my buddy drove me around. It was closed to fishing, at least for non natives, so it was pretty quiet. I enjoyed seeing all the kings stacked up like cord wood. We must have spent close to an hour just watching the fish.

What I did not enjoy was when a 12-14 year old native boy arrived with his white step mother. He rigged up a huge treble hook with not even a piece of yarn, along with a chunk of lead hanging about 6" below the hook and started casting into the mass of kings. He didn't even bother trying to hide his method. I guess snagging is legal for natives from what his mother was saying. The worst part was when he finally snagged one it got hung up on a tree that was under water in the middle of the river. He messed with it for a good while all the while we could see the fish thrashing around under water where it was stuck. His line finally broke but the fish was never freed. Itwas stuck there to slowly die. Just made me sick.... something I made a big show of telling my son quite loudly as we walked past them.
  11. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    I've got an account at sears ,J.C. pennys & Cabelas, but not facebook account guess I better step into the modern era!!!!
  12. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hopefully next time catches him in the penor so he cant spawn and raise little shit head entitled snaggers
    Fishee and Greg Armstrong like this.
  13. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +290 / 0
    WDFW

Posted an apology to the angler that received the injury mentioned on their facebook page.

His story is true and corroborated.
  14. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,744 / 0
    Link does not work for me and I am a member.