Snoq Event Volunteer Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by chadk, Sep 7, 2004.

1. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Looking for volunteers to help out with the event. I’ll be taking the ‘Event Organizer’ lead role by default, and I’ll also fill in any gaps once this all settles out.

We need one lead per ‘role’ noted below. Each ‘role’ my require additional help. Once the leads have signed up, that person will decide how much help he\she will need, and work on filling those slots. Leads need to coordinate with me (event organizer) for high level ‘plan’ and expectations, and need approval on estimated expenses to be sure our ‘cover’ charge will be adequate (don’t want to leave anyone hanging with a bill we can’t cover…).

Many of you have already offered your assistance – here’s where you make it ‘official’ 

Thanks in advance for your help!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Event Organizer (manage venue, coordinate headcount\expenses and other details with event team)

Food (Organize menu, buying\preparing food, refreshments, condiments, paper plates, utensils, etc)

Setup\Takedown (arrive early to setup tables, BBQs, etc)

Drawing\Donation collection (Collect donated items for drawing, collect entry fee\donations for participants, conduct drawing)

Demos (Organize Demos. Work with participants\vendors\etc for gear to be demo’d)

River Cleanup (Provide supplies\bags, truck, disposal, etc)

Other jobs??
  2. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    I'll be sending out a more formal headcount request next week. Last I checked, the list of guys that were pretty sure they would be able to make is noted below. I may have missed a few, and others may have dropped out - either way, just let me know.

Many of you volunteered to help in various ways. Let me know if those offers still stand - even if you don't want to 'own' that area, but just want to lend a hand.

Michael Chunn
    LDR
    Chris Scoones
    Tyler
    Tightline
    Bert Kinghorn
    FinFun2
    TroutTamer
    TDub
    Dylan DePaulo
    Wet Line
    2 Much Fishin
    Mike Margolies
    Timm
    Flybill
    Big K1
    Flyer Kappy
    Bright Rivers
    Desmond Wiles
    Skibum
  3. timm New Member

Gig Harbor, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Not able to attend

Chad,

It looks like I am not going to make it this time. I ended up having to take a contracting job in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I am bummed. It doesn't even look like they have any decent trout fishing in the area. I am happy that I was able to find some work but I was really looking forward to attending and meeting everyone. It looks like it is going to be a great event. I hope it all goes well and look forward to meeting up many of you next year when I return.

Happy Fishing!

Tim
  4. Bright Rivers Member

Bellevue, WA, USA.
    Chad -- I'm planning to come (and help in some way), but I'll have to fit it around my son's soccer game. What time do you have in mind?
  5. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Time is still TBD. Looking for ideas if you have them. We could do morning fishing, with a noonish BBQ. But I was thinking of starting at my place around noon, and fishing the afternoon\evening bite.

Thoughts?
  6. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    I think I have my schedule for work figured out for next week. I would be more than happy to either help or run the set up and take down part of things. You certainly don't want me to run the cooking side of the equation LOL!

I have some big plastic tarps and if need be I can make some temporary type tables. It looks like a 2 person job to me.

I would like to add a thing or two here. What about it Roper are you going to show and bring some patches? Mc Rowdy and Backyard you are mainstays are you going to show up? Mr. Lawless I know it is a ways for you to come for the day but it would be nice to see you! Heck you can camp out at my place and then head back home in the morning, I would be honored! How about it JAWS it is a 2 hour drive, well a little more but not much, heck you can camp out at my place too if you want. I don't know if the world is ready for some Lawless Jaws but I will buy the GOOD scoth and we will find out! And if Jerry, aka steelheader 69 would show up we could probably change the world!

Dave
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    For a grouchy old man you sure want a lot. You keep up all of this talk about some good scotch and I will be likely to show up just to drink it. And I was just looking at the wifes schedule. It looks like I can make a appearence just as long as I can get out of there by 3:00 PM.

Jim
  8. C Van coming soon to a stream near you

Everson, WA, USA.
    the way the day looks like for me has morning meeting in vancouver,bc and i could maybe make an afternoon event, i will gladly help with anything if i come but I am not 100% sure I can make it, so I will have to pass on signing up to lead and group, If old man's scotch drinking is a group sign me up twice :thumb: :beer1: :beer1:
  9. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Ratings: +113 / 0
    Chad;

I can arrange to get a couple one ton dump bed trucks with high sides. Hold about 20 cubic yards of rubish each. I also have good contacts with Rabanco for disposal.

Let me know

Ross
  10. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    Ross, that is one heck of an offer! I was expecting to see you offering the services of that portable BBQ machine you built. That is really cool!

And seeing I am too lazy to walk up the hill, is the drift boat finished? For those who don't know, Ross lives about 75 yards from me. But it is a tough walk uphill! LOL If I buy the boat can I store it at your place? The man builds an awesom drift boat! They are almost too pretty to use!

Dave
  11. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Dave;

Fortunatly I am a better boat builder than BBQ builder, as the BBQ (1400lbs) design is flawed and will have to be revamped this winter. It doesn't draft the way I would of hoped. Jeez- Already booking more projects than fishing time. There must be something wrong with me.

DB 4 is complete, except I still need to weld up the anchor. I've been ignoring my wife for some weeks lately so I have to spend some quality time with Deb, before the maiden voyage.
  12. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Chad,

I'll definitely be there and can help out with the setup or takedown. I can also bring a cooler, ice, and will have a large rain canopy in my truck that we can use if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Bill :thumb:
  13. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Awesome guys!

So Dave is our setup\take down cheif. Thanks Dave! Maybe you and FlyBill can show up around 11am and get things rolling.

So all it took to get Old Man at this event was to promise some Scotch??

Dave\Ross - since we'll be fishing \ picking up trash in the afternoon\evening, and probably not coming back together as a group - would the big trash truck idea still work? I was thinking each person could just deal with his own bag. But I guess if someone finds a real serious mess to clean, the truck would be ideal.

What about having the truck parked in a somewhat central location (central to the forks - including the mainstem. Maybe the the town of Snoqualmie? That way as each person\group\team finishes fishing, they could drop off their trash bags at the truck. Would something like that work?
  14. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Works for Me
  15. Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Snohomish, Wa
    I would love to help out with the food & utensils part. Willing to lead the coordination as well.
  16. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    Being that this is starting so late in the day I guess that I will have to come early and just get in on some fishing. I can't stick around past 3:00PM.(I could use the 24 hour clock but not everybody knows what you are talking about) :rofl:

Probably start fishing about 0730 to 0800. And yes Dave, I can get up when I want to. :p :p :p :clown:

So I will probably start on the S/F around the place Flybill showed me.But for the life of me I can't remember the street number.

Jim
  17. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Jim - you are welcome to come and eat and drink and keep things enteraining for us :beer2: :clown: Maybe you can get some other guys to join you in some morning fishing and give us a report at the BBQ...

Desmond - right on! You are now the cheif cook. I have a medium sized gas BBQ, but we'll probably need at least one more.

Also, I have 3 tables that can seat about 4 each, plus additional seating for 4 or 5 more. So a few more chairs would be good and probably a few more tables for the Demos, Drawing, etc.

I was also considering setting up an area for casting to inlcude distance markers. I've never measured my casts, so this could be fun.
  18. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Nomlasder, would you be up for taking point on the cleanup effort? I don't care how you run it, just let everyone know. Also, let me know ahead of time if the 'donations' need to help cover any of your costs... Are you game??

Chris - what do you think of heading up the Demos? You have the demo T&T rods, and will have the WFF hats for people to check out \ buy - so I thought maybe you could help in that regard. Others have offered to bring bamboo rods and other things for guys to check out and cast. If you'd rather not, that's cool. All we really need is a designated table for Demo items to be shown.

Jim - you can be the official loud\foul mouthed grumpy old man who keeps everyone in line. Well, actually I was thinking you could bring along your favorite maps and show us all how you keep track of all your favorite fishing spots. You could have your own table and people could give you a few bucks (or drinks) in trade for one of your 'secret spots'. Would be kinda like a 'kissing booth'. :eek: Yikes - didn't need that visual in my head!! LOL
  19. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    11 works for me! All I need are some directions on how to get to your place.

My short list of things we will probably need are some type of tables, some rain flys, ice chests, BBQ's. I figure everyone can bring their own device to sit on. Jim's kissing booth will take a bit more work but I think I have something figured out for that LOL.

About how many lineal feet of 2 foot wide tables do you think we will need? I will get those made up once I know.

Some people volunteering ice chests would be welcomed!
    I have one medium and one small.

A few people bringing their BBQ is going to be essential and how many we will need I haven't a clue! I would guess maybe 4 in total and I have none.

FlyBill I lost your e-mail and certainly appreciate your help and any and all ideas.

If anyone can add to what we need for set-up as far as ice chests and BBQ,s or other stuff you can e-mail me at dsu126@aol.com

Dave
  20. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +302 / 0
    The reels for the rods haven't been obtained yet. I'll likely be getting Loop Evotech's accross the board but likely they won't be available until the November party. Regardless, for those who would like to put your reels on some nifty rods, I'll have Thomas and Thomas 4, 6 & 8wt Helix's at the gig. I'll also have on hand at least one of the WaterMaster's.

Items for drawing I have so far to add to the mix: A very sweet landing net by Fisknat pictured in an attachment on this post. Also, a few fly boxes and various accessories by Cliff Outdoors. Streamsideflyshop.com has also thrown in a Tioga 10. Many thanks to Mike Dickson for that.