Snoq Event - we still need....

Discussion in 'Events' started by chadk, Sep 14, 2004.

1. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    ... at least one more BBQ. Can you bring one??

We'll have tarps available to help if it rains, but we could really use one (or more) of those portable canopies.

Also, here are some things attendees could bring to help out:

* A few more chairs
    * Cameras to take lots of pics of the BBQ, Cleanup, Fishing...
    * Bring your own large trash bag. We'll have extras if needed.
    * Bring a few extras Sodas or Beer to share
    * Bring a side dish or chips to share if you can

Thanks - we'll be updating this list as our needs change.
  2. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Ratings: +113 / 0
    I for sure have a 10x10 portable canopy I can bring out, and may have another that is 10x20. Checking on availablity.

Dave, I can deliver with the truck in the AM
  3. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Very cool! Thanks!

Can someone bring an extra garbage can for the BBQ? I'd prefer to toss all the BBQ trash in the truck if that's OK.

I can set out a seperate can for recycleables...

Still looking for and extra BBQ...
  4. tyler Member

Ballard
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    chadk, i just sent you an email. i plan on attending and can bring a 22" weber if you still need it. also, i rsvp'd on the head count thread.

t
  5. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nomlasder,
    A rain canopy would be appreciated, they are easier to set up than stringing up tarps. Do you want me to pick it up as I am going to get up there early to help set up?
    Maybe I will take the LONG walk up the hill this evening in case my puter finishes dieing before then.

Dave
  6. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Ratings: +113 / 0
    I confirmed avaibility of both the 10x20 and the 10x10 and can bring them out on Saturday morning. I would ask that Dave bring them back as the big truck will be full of trash, unless its all in the down river with the high water. LOL

The only remaining question is trash bags.

What size does every one want to trag along with them? I have access to 60 gallon xtra heavy, will hold 45 lbs wet garbage. That may be too big.

Also got a Bushmills from some previous favors to warm the hearts.
  7. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Great news on the canopies. I think they will be needed... (we'll still probably have a need to set up a few tarps too...)

A few of those Xtra heavy bags would be good. I won't know for sure what I'll need until the day of the event. It really depends on where I go to fish. The stretches on the forks are pretty clean, and a smaller bag will work. But if I hit on the the trashed spots downstream or McCloud for example, we may easily need the bigger bags... And yes, I bet a lot of trash has been "washed away"...

I'm thinking that we should work out a plan of attack during the BBQ. We can break up in teams and ensure some of the known bad spots are covered. Maybe each team can drive to a spot, clean for 1/2 hr or so, fish, then haul the bags to the parked truck for disposal??
  8. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Oh yeah, careful with the Bushmills - you might end up dragging BobLawless to this event after all :beer1:
    :rofl:
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    I think that BobL has left already. But I'm still coming :beer1:

Jim
  10. Bart New Member

Kirkland, Washington.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Chad,

I'll bring a canopy, an extra set of poles, stakes and line. My gas grill needs a pick up to transport - any one in the Kirkland area going that way with a P/U?
    My new Ford 650 won't be here in time. :p

Bart
  11. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Tyler - definately bring the BBQ grill if you can. Speaking of grills, if anyone just has a big grill - like for putting over an open fire - we could use my fire pits to cook on too...

Bart - sounds great! We should be covered (litterally) regarding rain protection now.

I don't have a truck for your gas grill. Anyone else??
  12. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

BBQ Pickup!

Bart,

I work up in Kirkland, near 520, and could pick up your BBQ tomorrow evening after work, as long as it not too big. My truck has a canopy, so I am a limited with the height.

Anyway, let me know if that would work for you and we'll work out the details.

Bill