Snoqualmie SF

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mabism, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mabism New Member

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Looking at the regs, I am seeing that the SF is closed. Question I have is, is it closed. I have seen some reports on here and am just wondering if I am wrong since I was thinking bout heading up there.
  2. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    It's C&R from Nov 1 to first Saturday in June. You should definitely head up there!
  3. Mabism New Member

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Looked at the reg again, missed the C&R part. Thanks for the help. Think I will hit it up.
  4. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    The regs on all the Snoqualmie forks are really confusing. The post above is correct, but I find it easier to remember that all three are open for C&R year 'round. They are ALSO open for catch and kill from the first Saturday in June until the end of October.

K
  5. Matt Baerwalde ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +200 / 0
    Middle Fork and all tribs except Pratt and Taylor are year-round C&R only.
  6. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +763 / 2
    Even though the Snoq forks are open, fishing is really tough. First, watch the water levels. I only hit the SF Snoq if it is under about 300 cfs: http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nws/hh/basins/data.html?sno garw. Keep in mind that prime summer flows are 100-50 cfs.

Second, just be prepared for slow fishing. For some reason, the fish in the Snoq forks are just nearly nonexistent players from about early October until sometime in June. My advice is to fish midge pupae and other small nymphs at the bottom in deep and slow water. That water is cold and they aren't looking to move much.
  7. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Wow, when did that change? I only C&R so I pay no attention to C&K regs.

K
  8. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 0
    It has been that way as long as I've been fishing the forks, so at least back to the 90's.
    D
  9. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Huh! Thanks for the heads up.

K
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    I don't keep and eat trout. Even in Montana I throw them all back. My granddaughter likes to eat them but I don't keep them for her either.