Snow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KerryS, Dec 17, 2008.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I heard it was sort of hit and miss with the snow. We got hit up here in the Garden of Eden area north of beautiful Skidrow Woolley. I got over 8 inches now and it is still coming down hard. I usually don't mind the snow much but come on. If I wanted this shit I would move next door to Old Man.

I'll try to get a pic up in a bit.

2. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:
    We had about 6-7" in Arlington, but the snow coming down right now is slushy and is compacting it.

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    KerryS your backyard is a HIT, both of mine are currently a MISS. Not much happening on Bainbridge Island right now and earlier I was in Bremerton, not much to phone home abou there either. Tonight when I head home to the north of Kingston I doubt I'll see much but the same old refrozen road slush that has been around for a few days. It seems this weather pattern as it heads east branches aroudn the Oympics and has affected areas to the North and South more.

I've heard Old Man likes not having any neighbors.

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    He'd love me, all my dogs, guns, and kids. Hell, I'd make make his life interesting and fun.

5. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Media:
    iagree Nothing over here in North Kitsap. 36 degrees, will probably hit 38 by the end of the day. There's even some sun every now and then. The only snow I've seen is a few little flurries of tiny flakes. Damn rain shadow.
    -Ethan

6. gt

gt Active Member

Media:
    right now, sideways snow, 36, but the wind has shifted to the wsw so it's'a'comin'. if it freezes tonight, tomorrow would be a great time to not be driving as everything is wet from the warmer temps today.

7. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A quick shot out the back door.........

[​IMG]

8. Tyler Sadowski

Tyler Sadowski Active Member

Media:
    Nothing so far around my place. it seems to have kinda skiped over the eastside at the moment. Dam and I wanted to leave work early, guess not. :beathead:

9. Tim Overbey

Tim Overbey New Member

About 4 in here in Lacey. Nothing to serious. I asked the wife if I could go fishing since work got cancelled. I got the "I will kill you" look. You never know until you ask.:beer2:

10. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Nothing inthe south end, Burien area. Canceling school was a bust. At least the ice sheet on the roads has melted.....

MB

11. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Media:
    Finally getting some precip in NK. Comin' down like none other. 1/2" in just under a half-hour.
    -Ethan

12. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Definitely a hit in Bellingham. We are getting pounded currently and I am hoping it doesn't melt until after the weekend. ;)

13. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

Nothing to speak of in Yakima but cooooooooooooooooooooooooold and with all due respect you guys can keep it all over there. No need to share!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb::thumb:

14. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    Had about 1/2 inch at most on the Kent hill I live on but nothing after leaving the hill itself. Nothing here in Seattle Magnolia area and at this point I hope it continues to hold off till at least 7PM so traffic on way home is not screwed to all blazes.

15. Bryan Williamson

Bryan Williamson Willybethere

looks more like rain in Bothell than anything else...holding steady at 37 deg most of the day.

16. jkold

jkold Member

Was out watching the boy playing in the white stuff when some swans seemed to get lost in the snow - started flying circles for a bit before they headed south again...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=63881" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&amp;photo_secret=ef73b31dca&amp;photo_id=3116988248"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=63881"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=63881" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&amp;photo_secret=ef73b31dca&amp;photo_id=3116988248" height="300" width="400"></embed></object>

17. Norme

Norme DM is a D bag

bellingham got a little snow but i was hoping for more

18. Porter

Porter Active Member

Big BIG BIG Hail Storm going on right now ..... roads were white in five minutes.

19. Smalma

Smalma Active Member

Got about 4 inches here at my place in Marysville. About noon it had warmed to about 33 degrees and had rain and rain/snow mixed most of the afternoon. Lost about have the snow. I agree it will be a mess by morning once all this road slush freezes - about 4 O'clock the temps dropped to 31.

Tight liines
    Curt

20. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

It has been piling on all day over here in the Far East. The good news is that it got up to 8 today-a 16 degree improvement over the past few days.

Ive