Snow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KerryS, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Tarkin

Tarkin Member

About 10" so far in Spokane, and pretty warm at 13 degrees. Expecting -5 on Friday.

2. BDD

BDD Active Member

Wow, that reminds me of the winters of 85 or 86 and 96-97 in Woolley. I was unemployed for 2 weeks and went duck hunting every day.

Now saying something like that makes me feel like an old man.

In Ellensburg we got a couple of inches with a bit more expected.

3. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Anyone, remember the Winter of 72? We ice skated on 18 inches of ice on Lake Sixteen for three weeks.

4. Patrick Quinn

Patrick Quinn New Member

Believe it or not that's what it's looks like here in Las Vegas, Nevada today.

5. SteelieD

SteelieD Non Member

Downtown Seattle = zip, zero, nada. Actually kinda nice out compared to the temps of the last few days.

6. FlyNewbie

FlyNewbie Hooked...

What I want to know is where are all the guys who consistantly brag up E. WA? They tend to pop up during the early winter and spring months. Once the winter hits and the summer gets heating up to 90 and 100 they tend to go silent.

7. Patrick Quinn

Patrick Quinn New Member

My guess is they are out fishing?

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Rain turned the road crap to slush, which has frozen and then been covered with some snow out near Hansville north of Kingston. Messy now, overnight it will get worse for sure.

9. gt

gt Active Member

well the snow has started back up again here in sequim. blowing hard enough to turn the motion lights on. should be interesting tomorrow as everything was rain wet before this started up again.

10. hedburner

hedburner Member

Took me 40 minutes to drive home from work tonight. That's from Stanwood to Mount Vernon about 15 miles all flat hiway. Didn't see it stop snowing at all while at work, slowed down a little every now and then but not completely stopped. I saw the first snowflake about a few minutes after midnite last nite, and I still haven't seen the snow completly stop. Stanwood has about 6 inchs and up here in MV over 8 inches. Pretty messy on Pioneer hiway from Stanwood to Conway no plows have been on it. Same with the backroads into Mount Verno, until you get to the Old 99 exit, then the plows have hit the roads right into town.

11. Mark Speer

Mark Speer It's all good.....

Don't know about the rest, but I am here, loud an proud. 30 degrees out this morning, skiff of snow, Ronde and Snake freezing over and can't wait for the weekend. As for the summers, if you can't take the HEAT, stay the hell out of the kitchen!:eek: With all the beaches and bikinis who the hell cares how hot it is!:clown:

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Being retired has it's good points. Fishing when ever you want to and not driving to work in this kind of snot because you don't have to. Plus 14 this morning, Must be that heat wave I been hearing about. Supposed to get to the minus side of the temp gauge this weekend.

But the ten day forcast says we should be up into the high 30's by Christmas. I like that.

Jim

13. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

I've got 13" of snow here on my patio table and its 24 degrees here in Clear Lake this morning and its still snowing lightly.

14. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Went out the let the dogs do thier morning business and it has started snowing here again. We got another 2 inches over night. I think we have better than a foot now. I managed to make it down the hill last night. Nobody is getting back up without chains or 4x4. A lot of cars in the ditch and off the side of the road. One bonehead in a jacked up 4x4 truck took out a neighbor's new fence he had built last summer.

21 degrees and snowing here in beautiful Sedro Woolley this morning.

15. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Hey Wayne, how ya doing? How's getting up and down that hill of yours going?

16. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I look at the weather page every morning just to see who's getting what. This morning it look like Spokane is catching hell and the same for the west side of the state. It clear here in Montana.

The trouble with snow in Montana is that once it falls it stays around for a long time.We don't get rain like you guys do so it slowly has to evaporate away.

Jim

17. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

The hot tub has 8 inches of new snow on it as the kids used all of it yesterday for snowballs.

I need to get my dog down the the river bar so he can stretch out and run a few miles.

18. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Sheesh Kerry! Second day off work because of this crap. The little 4x4 and the jeep do great. The van has studs but I'm not going to let someone crash into me trying to get to work...Guemes Island is a long trek in this weather.

19. UptheCreek

UptheCreek Member

We got pounded all day and night here in Spokane. At least at my house we have over 15 inches of snow and it is still snowing. Pretty fluffy stuff though.

20. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Here in the Spokane Valley I have been shoveling all morning so I could get my car out of the driveway. I measured 20" in my yard and it is still coming down hard.
    My boss just called and told me not to come in. So I have got all day to dig out.
    We may get another 8-10" so I would like to get this 20" pushed around before it gets worse.
    Blessings
    Jesse Clark