Snow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KerryS, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    When your twelve weeks old, snow is for playing in.

[IMG]

Until the snow starts freezing to some parts of your anatomy, then it's time to go in.

[IMG]
  2. smc Active Member

Up River
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Cute pup Ron. They grow up quick! Here's my "old" hound, she loves the snow.

Steve

Attached Files:

3. Caveman Member

N/A
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    1 ft of snow on Central Whidbey, Haven't worked for almost a week now.

ADam
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,626 / 0
    I'll bet thet Boeing is still up and runing. About all they ever shut down for is a strike and then that don't even shut the doors.

Jim
  5. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,727 / 0
    That little guy looks like a handful. Cute pup Ron.
  6. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +603 / 0
    Great-looking pup. It doesn't change when they're nine, either . . .

[IMG]
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Well it finally happened. It's been coming down here most of the day we now have another 2" on top of what was here. This isn't hard to drive in as most of Dillon is as flat as a pancake. So my two wheel drive gets me around in it.

Now you can all stop your snow dances. I believe that there is enough down on the flats to suit us all.

Jim
  8. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +241 / 1
    Every year at some point between November and February my neighbor asks if I will take care of his goat while he goes to Tonga "for a few weeks". I say, sure no problem. Every year he returns a few months later.

Here is Harry the goat a few days ago.

Attached Files:

9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,329 / 9
    Does Harry contribute any hair for your fly tying projects?
  10. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +413 / 0
    We drove to Yakima yesterday- the hardest part of the trip was just getting out of Duvall.
    When we returned home last night, there was a big rig tow truck parked at the top of our driveway, installing chains (exhibit A). He'd been dispatched to extract a Puget Sound Energy truck (exhibit B) that had come down our road and tried to turn around. When I talked to the tow truck driver he was getting ready to leave- said he wasn't going to get stuck trying to get the PSE truck unstuck. 30 yards up the hill the tow truck ended up in the ditch (exhibit C). Both drivers spent the night in their trucks, eating Christmas cookies my kids took to them. This morning at 4 am PSE-issued D9 plowed our road and pulled both trucks out of their overnight spots. The roads to our house are still impassable in anything less than a 4x4 with chains. Had to take my wife on the quad a 1/2 mile to meet her ride to work this morning.
    It's been fun, but enough is enough. Until tonight when we're suppose to get some more.

Attached Files:

11. LD Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +78 / 6
    39.4 inches at the airport in Spokane. Due another 10-15 inches next 48hrs.
  12. Grayone Fishin' to the end, Oc.P

boring, oregon
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    I'm tickled.....about an hour ago, I started to shovel the snow in my 130 foot turn around driveway.........it was from 20 to 28 inches deep with a half inch layer of ice at about 10 inches............I started at the road, had just made about 10 shovel fulls and a huge John Deere tractor pulls up from the local dealer with a humungus snow blower.He offer his help........about seven min. later it is clear.......He spits out his chew and Says, "merry Christmas"......Fisher John Deere was spreading the cheer...

Merry Christmas, Keith
  13. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +241 / 1
    Absolutely.
    Harry's beard provides nice course hair in a variety of colors. The colors blend well for wrapping small bodies. Used much as you would use horse hair.
    His tail is similar but the hair is much shorter.

Harry does not like having his beard harvested and he must be creatively distracted. He is smart, has a long memory and can be very aggressive if he thinks you are try to pull a fast one on him. He is a full sized goat with a nice set of horns and he knows how to use them.
    You can not lift his tail under any circumstances.

TC
  14. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ooh, that's STUCK! Reckon things could be worse here . . . ain't had to chain-up the Jeep . . . yet (did play in the snow & had to winch myself out once.).

Tim ~ "Harry" is appropriately named . . .
  15. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    MMP,

Under WHAT circumstances would you even WANT to lift his tail? Wait - don't tell me :rofl:

K
  16. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +413 / 0
    What happens in the backwoods of Duvall stays in the backwoods of Duvall.
    Very much like Vegas.
  17. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    I'm an old Montana boy, where men were men, wimmen were scarce, and cute sheep were a mite skittish . . . I ain't going there (but if I ever pass thru Duvall, I'm paying closer attention to the pastoral scenery . . .
  18. Frozen Stilly behind the Twin City Foods Stanwood plant.

Attached Files:

19. doublespey Steelhead-a-holic

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    I had enuf of the white stuff, but the dog can't seem to get her fill. :)

Attached Files:

20. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Well here in Montana the weather is clear but the wind is blowing. Now all that shit that fell is dryier than all get out and is drifting. If it blows all night I can see some big drifts in the AM. Weather is on the plus side of zero. It is 19 out.