NFR Snow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    Winter came back last night with a vengeance. It snowed and blowed and it is colder than hell outside. It is 11 degrees out side as I type. Got about an inch, I know it isn't much but with the cold it makes the roads slippery. Thank goodness I don't have to go out in this shit. It's so cold out it looks like it's snowing as the air is freezing and it's the ice crystals falling.

There's a big black cloud coming up from the south. These last few days have been nasty. I thought it was spring. Well Mother Nature pulled the wool over our eyes again. She's probably having a good laugh at this.
  2. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

You must have got our stuff that blew through yesterday! Now just oldman up and get out and fish! :cool:
  3. surfnsully Active Member

Happy Valley, OR
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Sounds like a great opportunity to hit the water to me. Odds are you won't have any damn Orgonians out in that weather.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I never see anybody else out there in this cold weather. And you won't see me out there either. It made it to 23 degrees so far and it is 1 PM.
  5. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    Got snow here overnight too. It's up to 25 degrees. It should be in the 50's. Ice is off the lakes but it's too cold to fish.
  6. sweetlou Member

La Quinta, California
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    In the 80's here. Just saying
  7. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    I'm in Billings and it's currently 11 degrees with a skiff of snow. Thankfully these systems
    are generally short lived this time of year. Just somebody reminding us who is in charge.
    We should be back to 50 by Tuesday so stock your fly box or knock something off the
    "honeydo" list and be ready.
  8. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    It was 20* here in the White Mountains of Arizona when I got up this morning but the sun is shining and it is going to be 55* by this afternoon.
  9. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    It's 16 here on the tundra but tomorrow I will be in the desert winching big rainbows aboard my pontoon boat. WhoooHooo!

Ive
    Ed Call likes this.
  10. sweetlou Member

La Quinta, California
    I am confused? Where the heck is it that you are?
  11. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    You wish.
  12. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    He lives a little outside of Ione, Wa
  13. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Jim, I'm using your call as a contrary indicator, and can now state unequivocally that we have hit a "double bottom" in our winter weather regime, and spring will come roaring back by the first of April.
  14. sweetlou Member

La Quinta, California
    Well if that's true, then what desert is he talking about?
  15. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    He's probably going up over Sherman pass and heading to the Columbia Basin. Maybe you ought to look at a map of Washington and see where it is he's talking about. That's easier than trying to explain it to somebody out of State.
  16. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Ratings: +29 / 1
    3"-4" already in just the past 3hrs. talk about a late season storm. The way they were talking about the storm, we could get hit pretty good hear in Virginia
  17. sweetlou Member

La Quinta, California
    You wouldn't know it but I do have a place in NE Washington. Just never heard of the tundra and desert.
  18. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    we got 15" today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stoked
  19. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Nobody gives a shit about Alaska.
  20. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0