Snowed Out?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Woollyworm, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

Cold, rain and snow everywhere. Should I go fishing this weekend or stay home, drink whiskey and tie flies?

Thanks for suggestions,
    ww

2. guest

guest Guest

If you drink toooo much whiskey, will you be able to still tie flies. Or will you fly ties? Jim :DUNNO

3. steve s

steve s Member

Media:
    depending where you decide to go, you might be lucky enough to be one of the only people out fishing, plus you can always drink whiskey when your fishing to keep you warm, just don't get too confident in your wading abilities or you'll need to drink a whole lot of whiskey to stay warm.

good luck

steve s

4. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm grabbing my boards, my tying box, and heading for White Pass for the weekend. If I get snowed in, I'll drink those rum drinks with the little paper umbrellas and tie bonefish flies to stay warm. 10 inches new and it keeps coming.

5. closed_loop

closed_loop Guest

hmmmm. got it dial'd

check out lake alice, chironomids at 15 feet are gettin 12 to 14 inch rainbows. last midge hatch was last monday, and has been steady at every other week intervals. get it on those days and a warm rainy day 11 am to 3:45 pm and fish are feeding on surface EVERYWHERE!
    I'm the guy in the 10' john boat with the bad casts, but catching all the fish! haha. pull alongside and I'll let you know what pattern is hittin'. It's my lake! so come and fish it if you dare.

:THUMBSUP :THUMBSUP

6. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Media:
    Sorry dude.

I purchased Lake Alice as mine, last year.

Bill Gates from Borg..... :COOK

7. rockfish

rockfish Member

it hasnt rained or snowed across the water at all. just windy as heck. been cold thou. Ben

8. closed_loop

closed_loop Guest

hmmmm. got it dial'd
    HMMMMMMM, I'm gonna have to disagree, since I live on the lake and almost never see anyone out on it I'd have to say it's Mine LOL. See ya out on my lake. Oh, by the way if someone sold u Lake Alice at a good price I've got a couple of acres of ocean front property in Colorado for sale> :WINK By the way the Midges are out in full force. an emerger or Mosquito in a 16 work REAL well. later

9. Bart

Bart New Member

MajorG - I've always had trouble casting those little umbrellas, even with my 9-wt. Any tips would be appreciated. Could it be the sour mash vs rum? Bart