Soft-hackle swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Kent Lufkin, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

I know, I know Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I will have to enjoy them vicariously. Heck, I can always copy them from the photos.
    I can't believe I just said that after spending a few hours last night, brainstorming with my daughter for her college entry essay on plagiarism.

Some day when I grow up, I hope to have the desire and the discipline to tie a dozen of the same pattern for something other than an extended fishing trip.

TC

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

I can only hope that being able to tie a dozen flies consistently will eventually result in something approaching your skill level. Sorry you didn't join us.

For those who may be wondering, Tim (Mr. Mashed Potatoes) and I are sometime fishing buddies and he is a superb fly tyer. I tried in vain to persuade/bully/shame him into joining our swap, but to no avail.

K

3. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Aw, shucks Kent you're too kind. It's just a lil old bunch of stuff on a hook.

If only the fish liked them better than store boughts.

TC

4. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Like a half a rabbit pelt maybe, lashed on with Kevlar threat? :rofl:

Seriously, I'm in a leech swap and can't for the life of me figure out what to tie.

K

5. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree

6. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

That fly is like the Pho is usually order... Totally all full of the fatty flank! :) That thing looks *tastey*....

7. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

What? Is that even english?
    Translate? It seems like some sort of ebonics...:confused: :thumb:

8. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Pho is Vietnamese noodle soup with beef.

Fatty flank is flank steak without the fat removed.... It is also means one of the following

"Ghetto Onion"
    "Chicken Butt"
    "Bootie"

I guess I started to mix ethnic words and started to confuse folks.... :hmmm:

-- Cheers
    -- James

9. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

Oh man James I "LOVE" pho! that is some good stuff. I love the meatballs. I work with a couple of vietnamese girls who take me to all of these out of the way places for vietnamese food. I could live off that stuff! not to crazy bout the tripe though. LOL

10. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

I've resorted to the rather ugly, but effective mini Simi-Seal leech...

11. halcyon

halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Trevor,

Go for it. I really am too busy on the river everyday but offered only because you seemed a bit busy. I look forward to seeing the photos and adding the recipe for mine.

Regards,

12. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

Pics are up now. Feel free to post recipies, instructions, etc. Thanks for a great swap!

13. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Thanks Trevor, they look great!:thumb:

14. Mike Etgen

Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

My belated thanks to Kent for sponsoring this swap, to Trevor for the great gallery photos, and to all of you for the outstanding flies. I was gone from late January to early, early this Saturday AM and I just got a good look at them yesterday. There's a lot of variety and all look great to me - I can't wait to plagiarize them. ;)

Or maybe even fish with them...:)