Soft-hackle swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Kent Lufkin, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I know, I know Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I will have to enjoy them vicariously. Heck, I can always copy them from the photos.
    I can't believe I just said that after spending a few hours last night, brainstorming with my daughter for her college entry essay on plagiarism.

Some day when I grow up, I hope to have the desire and the discipline to tie a dozen of the same pattern for something other than an extended fishing trip.

TC

2. I can only hope that being able to tie a dozen flies consistently will eventually result in something approaching your skill level. Sorry you didn't join us.

For those who may be wondering, Tim (Mr. Mashed Potatoes) and I are sometime fishing buddies and he is a superb fly tyer. I tried in vain to persuade/bully/shame him into joining our swap, but to no avail.

K

3. Aw, shucks Kent you're too kind. It's just a lil old bunch of stuff on a hook.

If only the fish liked them better than store boughts.

TC

4. Like a half a rabbit pelt maybe, lashed on with Kevlar threat? :rofl:

Seriously, I'm in a leech swap and can't for the life of me figure out what to tie.

K

5. iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree

6. That fly is like the Pho is usually order... Totally all full of the fatty flank! :) That thing looks *tastey*....

7. What? Is that even english?
    Translate? It seems like some sort of ebonics...:confused: :thumb:

8. Pho is Vietnamese noodle soup with beef.

Fatty flank is flank steak without the fat removed.... It is also means one of the following

"Ghetto Onion"
    "Chicken Butt"
    "Bootie"

I guess I started to mix ethnic words and started to confuse folks.... :hmmm:

-- Cheers
    -- James

9. Oh man James I "LOVE" pho! that is some good stuff. I love the meatballs. I work with a couple of vietnamese girls who take me to all of these out of the way places for vietnamese food. I could live off that stuff! not to crazy bout the tripe though. LOL

10. I've resorted to the rather ugly, but effective mini Simi-Seal leech...

11. Trevor,

Go for it. I really am too busy on the river everyday but offered only because you seemed a bit busy. I look forward to seeing the photos and adding the recipe for mine.

Regards,

12. Pics are up now. Feel free to post recipies, instructions, etc. Thanks for a great swap!

13. Thanks Trevor, they look great!:thumb:

14. My belated thanks to Kent for sponsoring this swap, to Trevor for the great gallery photos, and to all of you for the outstanding flies. I was gone from late January to early, early this Saturday AM and I just got a good look at them yesterday. There's a lot of variety and all look great to me - I can't wait to plagiarize them. ;)

Or maybe even fish with them...:)