Somewhere in Washington

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Ed Call, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Hiked in carrying a 35.5# pack. What was I thinking? Hiked in with two co-workers 15 years my junior. What was I thinking? They were new to backpack hammock camping so I agreed to bring the common gear. What was I thinking? The destination was up and down with a fair number of switchbacks. What was I thinking? See what I was thinking:

image.jpg

If memory serves, this river offered up my first trout on a fly. Thinking that this trip refreshed that memory.
    This was one of six fish I caught in limited fishing time. What I'm thinking now is how long until I hike back out there?

2. That's a nice fish

Ed Call likes this.
  3. You were thinking the juice was worth the squeeze! Nice looking fish from a pretty little river.

Mike Ediger and Ed Call like this.
  4. A true slab in such skinny water. Nicely done and thanks for sharing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ed Call likes this.
  5. Nice fish! I believe you were thinking you forgot your boots . . .

rustybee, Ed Call and wadin' boot like this.
  6. I see you're looking a little more trim than the last time I saw you.
    No footwear....what were you thinking?

Ed Call likes this.
  7. I always think the quality of the fish increases with the effort expended to find it regardless of the size of the fish. Very nicely done, Ed.

Ed Call likes this.
  8. Good stuff, brohiem.

Ed Call likes this.
  9. Shoes are for wussies

rustybee likes this.
  10. Trying!

Wish we could have aligned our schedules.

My trail hiking shoes were already soaked. I had them drying. I was giving a tutorial on casting to my hiking mates. A simple water haul and place into the feeding conveyor foam line of the river should put the fly right BAM!

They think I have fish whisper superpowers. I'm just a lucky bastard that likely hooked two newbies on hammock camping and fly fishing.

11. Ed, since you mentioned it, i will be over on the peninsula soon to hopefully hammock the seven lakes basin. If you have been in this area, what's the tree situation?

That fish is a trophy winner!

12. Very nice, good thinkin' Ed.

LB

13. It was evidently a good tutorial with an impressive ending.

14. Hiked and tent camped that area a decade ago. I believe trees to be plentiful!

15. Tree reports?

16. Important info when you choose to sleep in a hammock not a tent. Usually not that big of deal, but at alpine level trees arnt as dense, and some meadows are treeless.