South Snoqualmie Fork

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JRSly, Sep 14, 2002.

1. JRSly

JRSly Oncorhynchus clarki clarki

Media:
    Well, today was my first time fishing the south fork, I normaly fish the middle. My friend's cousin has a house along the south fork, so it is private, and not fished much so I had to take up the offer. So I went up there with two of my friends and we had a great day. I want to say thanks to everyone who has ever recommended using a Elk Hair Caddis on the south fork, because I tied some up last night with a olive body, and I found that I had the best luck with it. I ended up catching 12 fish, couple of them were only about 6 to 7 inches but I was impressed by a couple I caught that were 11 to 12 inches, the rest were all about 8 to 10 inches. It was a great day, I feel kind of sorry for my friends because one of them only had 4 fish, the other only 2, oh well I guess. I think about it like this, for me it doesn't matter if I even catch any fish, I just love to be out there fishing, but my friends that I was with have different views I think. Oh well, they both said they enjoyed it. Well, thanks for the advice on the flys.

-Sly