South Sound Report 3-21-12

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jonathan Tachell, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Decided to take the boat out with James Harrington for the remaining hour and a half of light after work last night in hopes of finding some silvers willing to play. Ended up cruising around looking for jumpers, in the process we saw a pod of porpose which I thought was kind of unusual since we usually only see them here in the sound from the end of august until about october. Eventually we found a jumper in this good looking rip and started casting. I ended up missing one at the boat and getting oine that was about 18 to 19 inches long and put up a good little fight taking several short runs. It was fin clipped so we decided to bonk it and James took it home to cook up. Upon cleaning the silver we noticed one candle fish, one small herring and about 50 krill in ts stomach, so she was busy eating trying to pack on the pounds

All in all it was a good way to unwind after a day of work by spending some time with a friend and even catching a fish. Now its time to head over the hill and do some trout fishing in eastern washington for the next three days.

Tight lines

Attached Files:

Ybsong likes this.
  2. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Don't expect much over here, Jonathan, things are pretty slow right now-the barometer's all over the place.

3. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going with a small group of guys so it should be fun either way. Hopefully we will find a few trout though.