South Sound Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Anil, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Anil Active Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +204 / 6
    Here's another report taken from our website:
    South Puget Sound - June 27th, 2005
    RECORDED: 69 ° FISHING: Great
    Puget Sound Fly Company is proud to offer current fishing reports for the exciting saltwater opportunities available in the South Puget Sound. These reports come from staff fishing trips, our friends and guide Tom Wolf. Please call us at (253) 839-4119 if you are new to the area or estuary fishing in general.
    FISHING: I fished the Fox Island area yesterday with some good friends. On a whole, the day was fantastic! I tried out a new motor for my boat. The motor worked above my expectations (thanks Pat). The fishing was good and the crabbing was great. Our boat alone landed around a dozen Cutthroat and a real nice resident Coho. We also limited out on Red Rock Crab, which was a nice bonus. This was more than vindication for the skunking I received on Wednesday.
    BEACHES: Hales' Pass, Wollochet, and 'the narrows'
    FLIES: Shock and Awes and Clouser Minnows in (Olive, Pink or Green), Miniceiver, Muddlers, and other assorted baitfish are always good searching patterns.
    TECHNIQUES: Take a 5 weight or better rod, as the wind can tear up lighter gear. Clear lines and an erratic retrieve will catch more fish, or if you prefer a floater and a beach slider can be very fun.

As always, if any of you have any questions please P.M., call or e-mail me.
    Anil
    www.pugetsoundflyco.com
  2. cmtundra New Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Now, that's a report! :thumb: Thank you.
  3. Radway Member

Whitefish,MT , USA.
    Hey Anil...(or anyone for that matter), when do the Pink's start arriving? Did you see any?

Cheers,

Rad
  4. Florian Leischner o_clarki

Olympia, WA.
    Probably not until mid-July, but you are better off fishing for them In Puget Sound north of Tacoma or in Hood Canal. South Sound doesn't get much of a pink run.
  5. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    South Sound Report, pinks

A good spot for pinks from the beach is along the west side of Whidbey Island from Fort Casey, south. If you are fishing from a boat, famous old Humpy Hollow near Edmonds is a good spot. Drift when you spot small schools of pinks and toss small FJPs, Hurst Handlebars and the like on long, light leaders. They spook easily.
    Good fishing,
    Les Johnson
  6. Radway Member

Whitefish,MT , USA.
    Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Rad-man