South Sound SRC report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Dan Cuomo, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Dan Cuomo

Dan Cuomo Active Member

Fished one of my favorite way south sound beaches this morning. The fog was pretty thick so my start was a bit delayed, putting me on the water at about 6:15 am. Things were quiet till about 7:00 am when the surface activity picked up, with lots of SRC and coho action. I tried a white wooly bugger and a chartruse/white clouser w/ little intrest, and then switched to an olive and white clouser w/ a few strands of flashaboo, griz hackle, and peacock herl that I tied last night. I tried to copy one of Leland's poppers w/o the foam head. Tied into a nice fish which quickly threw my fly, followed by a smaller fish that I brought right to my feet before it made its escape. The next two were more cooperative. The first was a pretty 12 incher followed by a nice 16 inch fish. The tide was coming up fast as was my need for food so I quit around 9:00 am. All in all a very nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

2. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    Nice job Dan. I was out Saturday morning for a couple hours with a friend of mine. We buzzed around in the boat hitting several spots, but with no luck. At least someone found some fish out there this weekend! :thumb: