South Sound SRC's

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by msteudel, Dec 23, 2003.

1. msteudel Mark Steudel

Seattle.
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    For you folks that are fishing src's in the south sound, what is the better tide to fish, the morning or evening?
  2. Florian Leischner o_clarki

Olympia, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I would suggest the morning outgoing, but it really more depends on in what kinda mood those guys are in..:hmmm
  3. Roger Stephens Active Member

Ratings: +303 / 0
    My preference is to fish for SRC during any early morning tides. The SRC's don't seem to be as light sensitive as resident silvers(they are more keyed into light sensitive food sources) and thus you have a good chance of hooking SRC's throughout the rest of the day with cloudy days being the best. Fishing around a low tide early in morning have consistently been the most productive for SRC and resident silvers for me.
  4. msteudel Mark Steudel

Seattle.
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Cool! Hopefully I'll be able to get my butt out of bed christmas morning and hit the morning tide. The tide difference is HUGE christmas morning, with the evening before tide a -3 and the high tide at 8ish being a 12+. I think I read the article on this site that side the bigger the tidal difference the better the fishing. The tides are perfect this week to hit both high tides during the day. Happy holidays and tight lines.

Mark