Spey casting class today on the Sky

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Matt Burke, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    Just finished with a Spey casting class with George Cook and Nathan Keen from Avid Angler. There is nothing as glorious as sore arms from learning to move muscles that have never moved before. I have a euphoric sense of exhaustion and my brain is muddled with all the different casts, techniques, tips, styles, corrections, improvements and fun. What a great investment. I could never have learned all that on my own in 3 years of trying. My second class under my belt and tomorrow I head for the Olympic Peninsula. Just the wife and I away from our seven screaming kids, in a motel at Port Angeles for four days. Going to try what I learned today on the Elwha River in the morning and try and get lucky in the afternoon. I’ll have a report when I get back. On the Steelhead fishing, that is.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

2. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Matt,

I missed ya at my takeout. We rolled in at about 2 pm. You guys had packed it up by then. Saw some fish caught, none in my boat. Great day on the river, for a saturday, the crowds were lite! have fun on the OP!:smokin YT