Spey Days 2003 on the Skykomish

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Kaari White, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Spey Days 2003

March 1&2
    9 am to 4 pm
    High Bridge/Big Eddy Park on the Skykomish River Near Sultan

Casting Demonstrations By:
    Goran Anderson
    Andy Murray
    Tim Rajeff
    George Cook
    Steve Choate
    Way Tin
    Mike McCune
    Scott ODonnell
    Dana Sturn
    ...and others!

Manufactures attending: Scientific Anglers, Sage, Simms, Rio, Cortland, Hardy, Winston, Loop, Air-Flo, Scott, Powell, Patagonia, Waterworks

This is presented by Kaufmann's Streamborn and best of all, its free!!!!!!!
    :)

2. Surf_Candy

Surf_Candy Member

have not fished Sky in many years and can't recall if Sultan is below or above Wallace - so kick me if I'm off the map here - Sky is closed from mouth to Wallace river on those dates.

Jim W

3. Craig M

Craig M Almost Senior Member

from lewis st. bridge in monroe to wallace river march 1 to april 30 all game fish catch and release and selective gear rules open only downstream of the mouth of sultan river.

4. TomB

TomB Active Member

The area mentioned has been closed effective march 1 including the catch and release season dut to a low predicted return of wild steelhead.

5. Kaari White

I've been told by the Kaufmann's peeps that only yarn flies without hooks will be used.

I should really make him post his own stuff.. :rolleyes :p

6. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Kaufmann's has cleared the spey days with the WDFW because we won't be fishing. Besides that, no sane person would let a bunch of beginning speycasters anywhere near them with a hook anyway.

Leland

7. speyneznbhm

speyneznbhm New Member

no need to kill the messenger now is there.

8. crockett

crockett New Member

I believe that High Bridge is well past Sultan on Hwy 2 east of Gold Bar...just in case anybody is interested in throwing hookless yarn flies.

-Crock

9. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Would the message have been recieved as willingly...

BTW, what's your ideal LOP?

Roper,

Truth above all

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Just get on Hiway 2 and head east. After you pass thru a few small towns you will cross the Sky on a high bridge. As you glance to your right as you cross the bridge you will see Big Eddy. Lots of parking. The last small town you go thru is Goldbar.

Jim

11. speyneznbhm

speyneznbhm New Member

whats a LOP ?

12. STEELY13

STEELY13 New Member

HEY CWUGIRL I JUST THOUGHT THAT I WOULD SAY WHATS UP AND TELL YOU THAT I WAS RIGHTING THIS TO TELL YOU THAT MY SISTER GOES TO CWU AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNOW HER OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN FISHINF THE YAK LATELY CAUSE I PLAN TO FISH WHEN I GO SEE HER THIS NEXT WEEK AND TO SEE HOW LONG THE SPEY CASTING CLASS IS ;-)

13. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Lenght of Pull, it's part of a side bar converstation with CWUGirl.

Roper,

Tie me, Fly me, Whip me, Strip me.

14. Luv2Spey

Luv2Spey Member

FYI, Steve Choate is the reigning world-wide spey casting distance champion. He hails from Washington State. Way Tin, also from Washington, came in 2nd, I believe.

The guys on the program are big dudes in the world of spey casting.

Maybe Sage will have their new 5 wt spey rod.... :eek

See you there...

Cheers,

Michael

15. Kaari White

Sorry Roper... I didn't see your post!

Ideal is 13.5. Gotta get back to the westide to feel some out. Leaning towards Weatherby at the moment! But I really have no clue of what I'll end up with... just has to be pretty and fit well. :beer2

16. BrianL

BrianL New Member

Doing Sparky's Bidding, Eh?

This should teach you!:p

Either way, it should be a fun time.

Brian

17. Rimmy

Rimmy Member

I do'nt want to rain on the spey days because i will be there. But at high bridge. lots of parking but not much in the way of casting or is it just me !! I'm mean ben howard or mcdonald park. any help on this I know I know when you make the plans then you can pick the spot !!

18. Kaari White

I know!! Next time he'll have to make the big leap and actually post on here himself. Sparks on WFF.. scary! :smokin }(

19. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

He was here once,but maybe he just got insulted and never came back. :smokin

Jim

20. Kaari White

No.. actually he hasn't ever posted here before. Look, I'm defending him again. When will it stop? HA! }(