spey patterns

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Scott Behn, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Big K1

Big K1 Large Member

Dave,

This is what is so cool about the internet. Being able to chat with you old guys, haha I mean legends in NW flyfishing is great.
    I will take you up on your offer in the future.

Welcome Speydoc. This guy ties some bad ass tubes!

2. davpot

davpot davpot

:hmmm: Hello Dave and Ronn: I wondered where you guys were roosting. I too, am new to this forum and it seems to have a lot of folks interested in the really different aspects of salmon fly tying. this is great!
    I have a question for Dave McNeese: Do you have any information on your Grey Heron Spey Hooks? Ive heard rumors, but.......
    I hope Ill be able to contribute something useful in the future. Until then, keep up the Great Work here!
    :eek:

3. Dave McNeese

Dave McNeese One of the OLD guys

Hey Dave,

Nice to hear from you again, Thanks for asking about my hooks, I'm in a "WAIT" mode. The manufacturer is right now making a small batch for me to approve, then we can go ahead. It has been over a year since I gave them my hook design, so any minute now I hope!
    Yeah, I've been "roosting" out here in the valley, hatching chicks of my own. Our ninth is due next June. What have you been up to?

Happy New Year! :beer2:
    Dave McNeese

4. davpot

davpot davpot

;) Well Dave, I remember Bill Chinn saying that if there was one hook hed like to use, it would be your new hook. I sure miss the old shop. The energy, the antique flies and books etc, and the whole ambiance thing. As for me, I now live in Cornelius and have been working on my speys and Dees. Found an interesting and I think, effective use for marabou as a sub for Toucan on patterns like Jock Scott. Well, Dave, keep us posted here and I love to see your still in the game and helping others hone their skills! Best Regards Always.