FS Spey Rod Setup

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Abyl, Jun 15, 2014.

1. I have a Redington CPX 1338-4 spey rod with a Redington Breakwater 11/12 reel setup for sale. The reel has an Airflo Miracle Braid running line with 2 oversized loops that I have tied in at either end. I will also throw in 2 shooting heads: a Rio Steelhead Scandi (510gr) and an Airflo Skagit Compact (600gr). I bought this setup 3 years ago and only used it 1 1/2 seasons on the OP before moving back to Bozeman for grad school. I am selling this because it hasn't been used in 1 1/2 years, and I'm wanting to buy a cataraft setup now. Everything is still in great shape and would make a great complete spey setup minus the sink tips or leaders and flies. I'd prefer to sell as a set, but I'm willing to sell everything individually as well. $350 shipped for the whole shebang, or see below for individual prices. Below are the descriptions for each items condition.

Redington CPX 1338-4 Spey Rod: Rod is in great condition with a few minor scuff marks that are only cosmetic. Cork is almost in as good of condition as when I got it, just a little weathered from normal use. Comes with original rod sock and tube. Sold!!

Redington Breakwater 11/12 wt Reel: Great reel either for Saltwater or Spey Casting that is still in great shape. It has a few scuffs from rock rash but all are purely cosmetic as well. This reel comes with the Airflo Miracle Braid and backing on it.
    $130.00 Shipped

Rio Steelhead Scandi Spey Shooting Head (510gr): This line was barely used for one season and is still in great shape, lots of life left on it.
    Sold!!

Airflo Skagit Compact Shooting Head (600gr): This line was used when I first got the rod. The 4" at the leader end has been colored with a black sharpie to differentiate from any camouflage tips or mand made furled leaders I used to use with it. This line has seen some use, but still has plenty of life left as well.
    Sold!!

Attached Files:

2. I will take the Rio Steelhead Scandi Spey Shooting Head (510gr).

bigtroutchaser

3. Pics are up

4. And I, good sirs, will take the rest.

Slate Run likes this.

5. Nicely played.

6. Bump. The reel and line are spoken for as of right now, but the spey rod is still available.
    Here is a quote from Simon Gawesworth when he first reviewed this rod:
    "Definitely the nicest mid priced Spey rod I have ever cast in the 12ft to 14ft length. The cosmetics are fairly good, not brilliant - what
    you would expect on a rod of this price. I don’t know whose idea it was, but one feature I have never seen on a spey rod before was
    a clever little hole on either side of the reel seat for holding flies."

The rest of the review can be found at the following website:
    http://www.speyborn.com/speyborn_025.htm

7. Bump. The reel and shooting head are back on the market. $330 for rod, reel and skagit head combo.

8. PM sent on rod and compact skagit. Thanks Mike D.

9. Rod and shooting head are sold pending payment. Reel with backing and running line are still for sale.

10. Rod and Airflo shooting head are sold. Still have the Redington Breakwater 11/12 reel for sale for $130.00. Great salt water or spey reel.

11. Bump for the reel!

12. I have a couple of these Brakewater 11/12 reels; absolutely screaming deal for a large (10 -12 weight) saltwater reel! The outgo sound on these things sound like a Rolex...they are highly regarded reels. Go to Dan Blanton's website (lots of saltwater discussed there), and check the archive for comments. Great reels. I like the easy spool release, because I can also easily use the reel for spey, with an extra spool.

And, I don't know or have any relationship with the seller...

13. I have a Redington CPX 1338-4 spey rod with a Redington Breakwater 11/12 reel setup for sale. The reel has an Airflo Miracle Braid running line with 2 oversized loops that I have tied in at either end. I will also throw in 2 shooting heads: a Rio Steelhead Scandi (510gr) and an Airflo Skagit Compact (600gr). I bought this setup 3 years ago and only used it 1 1/2 seasons on the OP before moving back to Bozeman for grad school. I am selling this because it hasn't been used in 1 1/2 years, and I'm wanting to buy a cataraft setup now. Everything is still in great shape and would make a great complete spey setup minus the sink tips or leaders and flies. I'd prefer to sell as a set, but I'm willing to sell everything individually as well. $350 shipped for the whole shebang, or see below for individual prices. Below are the descriptions for each items condition.

Is this setup still available? Its hard to tell by the posts. Thanks.

14. Thanks Denny, these are indeed great reels for salt or spey.

KFischer,
    Sorry, I was away from the computer most of the weekend. The reel with the miracle braid running line attached to it is still for sale for $130. Everything else has sold.

15. Okay thanks. I thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

16. Breakwater Reel is still for sale.

17. Bump