Spey Rods

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Jim, Jan 18, 2002.

1. I'd highly suggest buying a Cabela's outfit. You can get one in almost any wt/length you want, and they're good combo's. Personaly speaking they're WELL worth the money. They're built by St Croix, and I love mine to death. In fact I'm buying a smaler one here shortly for my summerrun fishing. You can also buy used and save yourself tons of money. I actually bought my combo used. Ppaid about $180 for 9wt 14' Ccabela's rod, 1011 SA reel, and 9/10/11 rio WC multitip spey line. You just need to keep your eyes open and pounce when you have the chance.

Good luckk

You haven't lived until you've run a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts.

2. Cabela's has back ordered their 11'3'' rod, but you can call around to the retail outlets and order one of their stock for the same price.

Go Cougars!!

3. You can always throw a floating line with a heavier rod, but it's much harder to throw the heavy tips and flies with a light rod. If you are even considering winter fishing get a heavier rod. I consider a 9 weight spey the "Five Weight" of spey rods.