Spey rods

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Ky the fly guy, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Ky the fly guy

Ky the fly guy New Member

Im looking for a spey rod. I have never owned one so this will be my first. Does any one have any advice on which one to get I want a halfway dicent one but I dont need top of the line.

2. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Go to River Run Angler in Carnation or check out their website. They are an advertiser on this forum and specialize in everything spey. Aaron Reimer is as knowledgeable as they come. While there, check out the CND rods, my personal favorites. You'll find them both economical and top of the line performance.

Leland

3. inland

inland Active Member

I too second Leland's advice. Aaron is great to deal with and the CND's are tops on my list as well.

William

4. Ky the fly guy

Ky the fly guy New Member

Thanks for all the advice im off to there site right now.

5. thebuddler

thebuddler New Member

I have a 13'6" 8/9wt Lamiglass spey rod that is lightly used, for sale if you are interested. good all around rod with a full flexing traditional action. 200$
    thebuddler@netzero.com

6. DLoop

DLoop Creating memories one cast at a time

I thrice :))) Leland's and William's advice. Aaron takes customer service to a whole new level.

Oh, good decision by the way. Spey casting is a blast. It makes not catching steelhead almost tolerable.

7. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

I implore you a fourth time. Go see Aaron and Jack at River Run in Carnation Try the CND's first. They have just about all the good rods anyone could want and you can try them too. But you'll go back to the CND. The rod wont just lay there in your hands. It will talk to you.

Matt Burke

8. speycast

speycast Guest

Saturday there is another spey class on the snoqualimie. Try this before you buy anything, you may not even like it. If you are anything like me and the rest of the speycasters here, you'll be hooked!!

9. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

i have a la croix 7\8 spey. it works very on the snake and grand ronde with regular line. it costs about $250.