spey/switch classes, snakeriver area?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by gearhead, Sep 25, 2012.

1. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

Well a friend of mine, retired Farmer, had money burning a hole in his pocket and some guy at the cabelas flyshop talked him into buying an entirely cabelas 8wt switch setup, aughhhhhh, anyways, i think he will need help and i suck at it, are there any resources i can point him to for a quick class in the Lewiston area.

2. fisshman26

fisshman26 Member

The Red Shed is having its spey clave this weekend, lots of free demos and instruction to be had

fredaevans likes this.
  3. LD

LD Active Member

He could call Poppy and get some recomendations, possibly a guided trip?

Here is the one guy I know of in that area -

http://www.dclann.com/Craigs_World/Spey_Casting_101.html

Westslope in Spokane has been doing some Saturday spey casting and Silver Bow also in Spokane has a clinic in the spring.

4. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

ok, was wondering about the clave, from looking at the web site, seemed more like just a gathering, i'll have him give Poppy a call.

5. Dave Evans

Dave Evans Active Member

Poppy recommended Craig to me last year. We had one 2h lecture on grass and another 2h on the water. Can't say enough positives about the lessons, Craig is a retired teacher and it really shows; the lessons were outstanding and I was casting well enough to fish right away. I know he has also talked about going to Spokane to give lessons, but give him a call or email and find out.

6. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Lee Davidson should be at the clave as well and he is a FFF Certified Two-handed casting instructor as well as an all around great human being. www.snakeriveroutfitters.com/

Thanks,

fredaevans likes this.
  7. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

+1 for the Lee Davidson recommendation. Top flight instructor.