spey/switch classes, snakeriver area?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by gearhead, Sep 25, 2012.

1. gearhead Active Member

Renton, wa
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    Well a friend of mine, retired Farmer, had money burning a hole in his pocket and some guy at the cabelas flyshop talked him into buying an entirely cabelas 8wt switch setup, aughhhhhh, anyways, i think he will need help and i suck at it, are there any resources i can point him to for a quick class in the Lewiston area.
  2. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    The Red Shed is having its spey clave this weekend, lots of free demos and instruction to be had
    fredaevans likes this.
  3. LD Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +72 / 6
    He could call Poppy and get some recomendations, possibly a guided trip?

Here is the one guy I know of in that area -

http://www.dclann.com/Craigs_World/Spey_Casting_101.html

Westslope in Spokane has been doing some Saturday spey casting and Silver Bow also in Spokane has a clinic in the spring.
  4. gearhead Active Member

Renton, wa
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    ok, was wondering about the clave, from looking at the web site, seemed more like just a gathering, i'll have him give Poppy a call.
  5. Dave Evans Active Member

E. WA / N ID
    Ratings: +94 / 0
    Poppy recommended Craig to me last year. We had one 2h lecture on grass and another 2h on the water. Can't say enough positives about the lessons, Craig is a retired teacher and it really shows; the lessons were outstanding and I was casting well enough to fish right away. I know he has also talked about going to Spokane to give lessons, but give him a call or email and find out.
  6. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Lee Davidson should be at the clave as well and he is a FFF Certified Two-handed casting instructor as well as an all around great human being. www.snakeriveroutfitters.com/

Thanks,
    fredaevans likes this.
  7. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    +1 for the Lee Davidson recommendation. Top flight instructor.