Speying a Glo-Bug: Kosher?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by kimosabe, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Marty New Member

Heber, Utah
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    It’s just fishing, how can you say that. There is nothing on earth that brings the same kind of joy. For most steelheaders it becomes a passion. Maybe that’s why some feel the need to force there ideals onto others. For me there is nothing worse than to be in a run grinding into the perfect cast and step rhythm to be low holed buy another angler. Most the time it is a spoon chucker that makes a couple casts in the bucket and leaves. It’s an education issue and for me usually ends up in a confrontation. I try not to let it get to me but it always does. I am sure that is where the perception that some have for us “so called traditionalist” comes from. It was never a problem 15 years ago, most the time you had the river to your self. Times are changing, you new to the sport need to learn the ropes and us old farts need to lighten up a bit. It’s all about respect.
  2. Hal Eckert Member

West GLs
    Lots of fly swingers spey and non spey for steelhead and salmon in the GLs I have been doing it since the early 80s. More and more every year, still mainly nymphs and eggs fly fisherman with and with out indicators though I would say.

:thumb: :beer2:

BG
  3. Brian Scott Member

If the fish don't care why should you? If you want to put the fish (and yourself) up on a pedestal then by all mean do so. If not, fine with me. Steelhead don't know a spey flie from a piece of yarn. Fish anyway you please brother. Why you're at it, dip that blo bug in some old, stinky roe. IMO there's nobody on this planet that has the right to judge. Come on...it's only fishing fellas...just as long as you're not negatively impacting the resource...then all bets are off and you best defend yourself.