Splitting cost on a few guided days OP style in March

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by stilly stalker, Oct 20, 2012.

1. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +81 / 0
    So, my favorite thing about WA was always steelhead fly fishing... Now Im living in San Diego, and while tuna, mahi mahi, mako shark and yellowtail are great, I miss steelhead and am coming back for the big natives on the OP and will be booking a couple dates late February/early March with Jim Kerr.
    Technically its cheaper to go with two guys than just me solo, so anyone want to go with me? Im lookng at vacation days now and should have solid dates next week. Ive met and fished with a few guys here before, and Ill bring some fancy schmancy intruders, prawn-truders, squid-ros, etc etc to toss on the swing.
    PM me if youre interested. I need to get a guide this time because I wont be bringing my pontoon with me, and want to cover a lot of water. Ill probably be there a few extra days bank swinging the Hoh, Solduc, OR MAYBE the upper Hoko if its still open and not blown out. Not sure if theres gonna be a Hoh-down this year or not, but I love good company on the river.
  2. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +965 / 4
    I might be able to share the cost of a trip. When you shore up your dates let me know and ill see if it works. That far in advance I am sure I could pull it off
  3. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +143 / 0
    I could be interested as well. I emailed Jim to reserve March 6 & 7, but he hasn't responded since 17 September. I wonder if my father gave him a shitty tip when we went out with him in August? :p
  4. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +81 / 0
    Hes been responding to me. We'll see I guess
  5. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    I figured it to be a fair deal if I paid for the 2 days of fishing and he covered the tip...maybe that was a bad idea...
  6. Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +175 / 2
    March 7th is already taken... ;)
  7. Jim Kerr Active Member

Forks Wa
    Ratings: +119 / 0
    Jon,
    My lack of response to you has nothing whatsoever to do with a shitty tip, it has to do with me being a shitty office manager. I am super sorry. Lauren has been volunteering her organizational skills and my calender is starting to make more sense, but lets face it, a guy who pursues a career as a professional fishing guide is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Once again, sorry, lets get together and figure something out.
  8. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +624 / 0
    Great response :) And probably applies to most steelhead anglers in general (myself included).
  9. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    All good, Jim. I'll shoot you an email. Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you out.