Spokane-Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by kmudgn, Oct 22, 2013.

1. kmudgn

kmudgn Member

I am most likely going out with a group of guys to fish the St. Joes in ID (horseback trip) this coming summer. Due to logistics from NH we a probably going to fly into/out of Spokane. Some of the guys are going to continue on to MT to fish the Bitterroot and Clarks Fork, but I have fished those before and was thinking about the Spokane and/or North Fork rivers as I have "heard" of them but never fished them.

Does anyone have any experience with those two rivers in August and/or give a guide recommendation

Thanks

2. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

Sean at Silver Bow for a guide. Fish the lower Spokane river if targeting redbands and the upper for bass, because some bucket biologists placed bass in the upper stretches. I suggest just staying in ID to fish, Spokane is not my favorite, but that is just my opinion.

Codioos likes this.
  3. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

I will second Sean or Beau at Silverbow. They can get you on all sorts of fish in the area.

4. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Media:
    Sean and the guys from Silver Bow are great! If I'm able to escape from work I'll gladly meet up with you to do a little fishing. I'm originally from Saco, ME and teach fly tying classes at Silver Bow.

5. Ray

Ray Active Member

Contact Castaway Fly shop in Coeur d'Alene for guided trips on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River. It's an excellent fishery that time of year, especially mid week. The North Fork of the Clearwater is one drainage south of the St. Joe and also has excellent fishing, much of it with roadside access. Many of the tributaries of the NF of the CW are large and have excellent fishing; Kelly Creek, Cayuse Creek, and Skull Creek to name a few.

6. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Media:
    Fish with Wayne. That guy has got this area dialed and is a stud!

7. Supacash

Supacash Member

I'd call Mike or Pat at Orvis NW Outfitters and hit the NF of the Coeur D' Alene, pulled some beauties out of that system