Spokane this weekend

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Wayne Kohan, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    I've bumped into a few hours alone in Spokane this weekend, which hopefully means fishing. I have to work in the TriCities until about 1pm on Friday and am heading up to Spokane for the Bloomsday weekend. My family will join me on Saturday. So I guess I have Friday evening and maybe Sat morning to fish. I was thinking about hitting Amber to see what the fuss is all about. Any other ideas? I'll have my float tube with me. Thanks.

Wayne
  2. gator1954 New Member

Bend, OR and Vermejo Park, NM
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I would fish Sprague before I would fish Amber if I were you.
    I've fished Amber 16 or 17 times this spring and it's fished well, but it has it's days when it's fickle. As a rule it fishes better in the morning than evening (at least for me).
    I'm sure as you know Sprague is on the way to Spokane and if you get the chance you should fish it.
    Gator
  3. rattlesnakeflyguy Harrison

E34
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    iagree Watch the wind on Sprague...it'll howl at times and if you are not under power (i.e. just have the fins), anchoring up is a great way to play it with chironomids. I love Amber though, but he's right, Amber is fickle at times. Large fish in Sprague too.
  4. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Thanks all. Things are not working out as well as I hoped for the day, but it is early yet. Hopefully I'll bust out of here by 3 pm. Sprague is on the way..... I'll have to give it some thought.

Wayne