Spring is here I think!

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Bob Rankin, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Just got back from 30 days of boat work. I've been home 2 days and have never been so busy. Even with bird season done and taking a break on coyotes I'm still busy. Tying flies for lakes, loading ammo to work on my long range game,kids and making the wife happy! So much to do and the weather is great! I plan to take the kids fishing and shooting as much as possible. Enjoy all I'll be out and about.

fredaevans likes this.
  2. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Long range game? AR platform or bolt action? What's the quarry?

3. Bob Rankin

I'm a bolt guy, don't have much use for an Ar. The quarry would be targets, steel and varmints as far as I can shoot:)

4. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    I just picked up a Ruger American Rimfire in 22WMR. I slapped a 2-7 Leupold on it and am eager to punch some steel and maybe some dirt pups...

5. Bob Rankin

Nice set up that will do a number on sage rats! I'm a leupold fan also I have a vx6 3-18x44 on my rig. I'm shooting a 243 I've got about 3 grand in. Did I say I like shooting:)

6. Bob Rankin

I dig all the things that come with the long range game. Reloading,ranging,wind drift,drop charts, bullet BC and being able to hit small targets at various ranges. Some times it is overwhelming but very interesting. And it's a great way to spend money. The first time my wife shot my rifle I had it set up on a bench. All she had to do was put the crosshairs on the target that was the size of a clay pigeon and fire. She hit it every time and that was at 400 yards!

7. Bob Rankin

A pic of my varmit rig and a few target's at 100 and 300 yards first group is 5 shots second is three shots. It took a lot of time reloading to find the best load. But I did! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg