Spring Orvis Days Bash

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Apr 9, 2012.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +839 / 1
    Spring Orvis Days Celebration - Saturday April 28!

Antiques Appraisals w/ Larry Peterson & Dwight Lyons; Yakima River Entomology w/ Preston Singletary; Yakima River Fishing Secrets w/ Reggie Harris; Fly Fishing Searun Cutthroat w/ Leland Miyawaki and Chester Allen w/ Book Signing; Kobe Beef Sliders w/ wine tasting; Speyburn Single Malt Whisky tasting; JnJ Cigars; and live music w/ Down the Road bluegrass.
    http://orv.is/yKhm11

Orvis Bellevue
    10223 NE 10th st
    425-452-9139
    w/ free validated parking
  2. Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    Leland, sounds like a great event. I will be in Gettysburg for Caldwell's last regular season lacrosse game and senior dinner with the coaches. See you on a beach soon buddy.
  3. DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tacoma, Washington
    Ratings: +65 / 0
    Is the former Mariner with his Tequila still going to be there? My wife was looking forward to that!
  4. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    No, he bagged out. Didn't think we could fill the stadium
  5. DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tacoma, Washington
    I guess just thinking he was coming was a good marketing ploy for him, ONCE! We bought 3 bottles of his tequila and drank one. My wife doesn't like tequila but did like the Reposado. We also found a clearance deal at a liquor store that had 1 bottle of the Anejo for $27. Guess we'll just have to drink them, now.
    In the future I'll take a scheduled Edgar appearance with a grain of salt. He's spent his marketing chit with me!
  6. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Lot's of $25 off $50 purchase coupons will be on hand! Also check out the best $200 rod you can buy!

Leland.
  7. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +61 / 1
    I think I will findly be able to make one of these.
  8. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    I promise you won't be disappointed

Leland.
  9. DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tacoma, Washington
    Despite the former Mariner who shall remain nameless, I and the wife still plan on being there. More hyped about getting Chester's book signed than tequila bottle anyway! Of course, the wife is really excited about hitting the noodle shop in the mall for their "soup dumplings" before we swing your way.
  10. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Free validated parking in the Avalon building.

See you there!
    Leland.
  11. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    A big shout out to Everyone who helped make this another terrific Orvis Days: Cathi & Gary Davidson and John Tubbs of Down the Road bluegrass band; Larry Peterson & Dwight Lyons; Preston Singletary; Derek Young; Chester Allen; Tye Jensen & Speyburn Single Malt Whisky; John Ohm & JnJ Cigars; Sue Schleer & A Simple Treat; Rob Kettner & The Slip Restaurant; and to our special guest, Les Johnson!

Leland.
  12. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +61 / 1
    Leland, thanks to you and Orvis!! I was there and had a great time. Learned a lot and met some new fisherman. Thanks again for a great time.