Squalicum Lake Fishing Report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by TD Fish n' Sleep, Jun 1, 2013.

1. TD Fish n' Sleep New Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    I've never been to Squalicum Lake before so I decided to give it a try. Went out float tubing on Friday May 31 after work... caught 3 triploids and missed several others. What a great way to start a weekend!

I was fishing with the classic olive wooley bugger. As a note to anyone that has never been to Squalicum Lake before, the most convenient parking requires a Discover Pass.
    Irafly likes this.
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,019 / 1
    Nice report! I fished the living heck out of that lake when I attended WWU, I found Fall to be the best.

The lake is also hike in only unless you have access to the key that locks the gate. I'm still looking to one day bring in my Pram with all my accoutrements and see what sort of damage I could inflict.
  3. scottybs Active Member

Bellingham, WA and IGH, MN
    Ratings: +73 / 0
    Anything of size? Used to fish it quite a bit while I was in High School about 13 years ago. Always fun until the wind started blowing.
  4. wanative New Member

West Custer, Wa
    Thanks for the report. I think I'll hit it Sunday afternoon and evening. Look for an older orange Colorado 'toon boat.;) I've had good luck in the past
    using size 14 olive soft hackles timing the rising trout and putting it in the line of travel. It's really cool when it works.
    Cheers,
    Fred
  5. TD Fish n' Sleep New Member

I caught a couple 10"-12" cutthroat. Also, caught a 17" 2 lb. triploid... it was fun to catch but a little difficult to handle in the float tube!
  6. scottybs Active Member

Bellingham, WA and IGH, MN
    Ratings: +73 / 0
    Nice, Nice, Nice!!!