Squalicum Lake Report, yes another one

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by mozart, Oct 23, 2007.

1. mozart

mozart Chris

I'll make this short and sweet.

Got out to the lake at approximately 9:00 a.m. and fished until 1:00 p.m. with only one fish in the net (The brown pictured) due to the large algae bloom all around the lake. At 1:00 I switched over to the north end of the lake and noticed the algae had cleared out so I threw on a #16 BWO and began catching small rainbows and cutts. I quickly grew tired of that and tied on a #16 black gnat parachute and headed to the most northern part of the lake near the reeds where I caught the trips in my previous report. Didn't catch any trips today but did catch a nice rainbow and a beautiful tiger. Fished until 5:00 and called it a day.

Cliffs: Slow until 1:00 p.m. until the algae had dissipated. Picked up at 1:00. Flies of the day #16 BWO, #16 black gnat parachute, and some type of olive elk hair fly.

Surprised no one played hooky today. It was beautiful. Mike (joe dirt) we definitley need to head to Pass one of these days!

2. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    Yeah, I was just thinking that today would have been a great day to try the new float tube. Probably should have gone.

3. Tony the Trout

Tony the Trout Member

Nice pic of the Tiger. Never seen one before. They're gorgeous.
    Tony

4. mozart

mozart Chris

Thanks Tony :) That's only the second Tiger I've caught out of there in the 20 plus times i've been out. They're beautiful fish and strike hard and fight fairly well. The Tiger almost fits your name :D

5. Steven Hendrickson

Steven Hendrickson Member

hey mozart nice fish and nice choice in float tube i got the same one in the same color!

6. springer125

springer125 Member

Media:
    Man i miss that lake, i used to fish that lake twice a week this time of year when i was going to school up there. How long have they been planting those tiger trout in there? iv'e heard they were planing on planting them in there and apparently they did, sounds like they are working out pretty well, good to hear. nice report