SRC action

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by fishboy1120, Oct 2, 2013.

1. fishboy1120

fishboy1120 Go Hawks!

Media:
    So with yesterday off I decided to hit one of my favorite ma-11 beaches for cutthroat. I pulled up probably 30 min after low tide so before I got my gear ready and walked to the water to check things out and take a couple pictures. It was looking very gloomy and tide wasn't really moving yet. I walked back to the truck and as I sat down and tuned into sports center for a quick update it started pissing down rain. I checked the Doppler radar on my phone and saw that the rain would move on in about a half an hour. So I took the next 30 min to listen to music, stare at my fly box and enjoy a little bake session. Finally the rain passed and I got my waders on and with rod in hand I hit the water. the water was looking much darker than I have seen before at this particular beach and gave me a little doubt about this outing. Started by stripping a big bunny leach thing on my sink tip and right off the bat I had a fish on! Landed my biggest cutthroat on the sound yet. fished for another hour as the wind started to pick up with a few more bites but no more solid hook-ups. All and all id say a good fall day in the northwest IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0406.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0406.JPG

2. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

Media:
    hawgs. good stuff

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Naz fich. Reel Naz.

4. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Great sea-run cutthroat and fly pattern! I have had excellent success for sea-run cutthroat with almost an exact duplicate of the fly pattern in your photo. IMHO the fish probably think it is a pile worm. I have put a 3/4 inch foam head on the front unstead of the bead as shown in your photo and have landed a lot of large sea-run cutthroat when used as a top water pattern. I tie the pattern as a tube fly using HMH tubing.

From your photos I know that location well:D! Just kidding!

Roger

5. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Deleted! double post.

6. Brooks Werner

Brooks Werner Member

Media:
    I believe that is a Polychaete worm fly, or pile worm as Roger stated. They are great for SRC's and even an occasional silver. Nice work-

7. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    Grats on a great outing and some beautiful fish! I love that stretch of beach and need to get back out there soon.