SRC action

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by fishboy1120, Oct 2, 2013.

1. fishboy1120

fishboy1120 Go Hawks!

So with yesterday off I decided to hit one of my favorite ma-11 beaches for cutthroat. I pulled up probably 30 min after low tide so before I got my gear ready and walked to the water to check things out and take a couple pictures. It was looking very gloomy and tide wasn't really moving yet. I walked back to the truck and as I sat down and tuned into sports center for a quick update it started pissing down rain. I checked the Doppler radar on my phone and saw that the rain would move on in about a half an hour. So I took the next 30 min to listen to music, stare at my fly box and enjoy a little bake session. Finally the rain passed and I got my waders on and with rod in hand I hit the water. the water was looking much darker than I have seen before at this particular beach and gave me a little doubt about this outing. Started by stripping a big bunny leach thing on my sink tip and right off the bat I had a fish on! Landed my biggest cutthroat on the sound yet. fished for another hour as the wind started to pick up with a few more bites but no more solid hook-ups. All and all id say a good fall day in the northwest IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0406.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0406.JPG

2. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

hawgs. good stuff

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Naz fich. Reel Naz.

4. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Great sea-run cutthroat and fly pattern! I have had excellent success for sea-run cutthroat with almost an exact duplicate of the fly pattern in your photo. IMHO the fish probably think it is a pile worm. I have put a 3/4 inch foam head on the front unstead of the bead as shown in your photo and have landed a lot of large sea-run cutthroat when used as a top water pattern. I tie the pattern as a tube fly using HMH tubing.

From your photos I know that location well:D! Just kidding!

Roger

5. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Deleted! double post.

6. Brooks Werner

Brooks Werner Member

I believe that is a Polychaete worm fly, or pile worm as Roger stated. They are great for SRC's and even an occasional silver. Nice work-

7. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Grats on a great outing and some beautiful fish! I love that stretch of beach and need to get back out there soon.