Src Monster

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Matthew Gulbranson, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I've been fishing for sea run cutthroat for a while now, and have always enjoyed the challenges and rewards of the salt/sound environment. Today I had the chance to hit the beach since a couple friends and I decided not to go on our planned trip to the OP. I spent the morning with my cranky two year old, so I was ready to get the hell outta the house.

As soon as I arrived on the beach, there were plenty of ducks around, and a nice little rip. I saw a giant swirl that I first assumed was a duck...until it did it again. I couldn't get my freshly tied chum baby out there fast enough! Two casts later and this pig of a cutty slammed it. This is by far the largest cutthroat I've landed, the picture really doesn't do it justice. I looked like some summer steelhead I've caught! Measuring my rod with reference to the picture, this fish came in at 21.5"!! Holy Shit!

Needless to say, it was a great gift of the fish gods since I wasn't out pounding the water for steelhead, and it's been some time since I've connected with a nice src.
    (note for the fish cops: this fish was hauled in fast, kept fully submerged, a couple quick photos, and off it went)
    IMG_1835.JPG

2. Oh cripes Matthew!! You did a fine job!!!!!! Nice fish! Those are hard to come by! Good for you!

3. Excellent!

4. Awesome fish!

Hmmm, that rod looks familiar...

5. =) Yes Thomas, it should! I have been enjoying it quite a lot, it's got some good mojo.

6. Wow what a fish!! Well done!

7. Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!

Very well done, Mr. Gulbranson, very well done indeed!!

8. Very nice fish Mr. Gulbranson. I just hope I don't need to sport a Z-axis and a Galvan reel to earn one :)

9. You don't catch those everyday, thats one hell of a nice cutt! Outstanding!

10. Thanks Gents! Rob - only needed to cast 30' for this one, no shmancy stuff required ;) But that said it's a really nice set-up!

11. Were you two handing on the beach for them?

12. As my Sainted Grandmother used to say: "Holy Sh**!!!" Nicely done.

13. WOW! Finally a fish worthy of Jack Black.......:D

14. A pig of a pig for sure! well done :)

LB

15. Nice one there for sure. Way to go!

16. Great fish, congrats.

17. Awesome fish! What size rod?

18. Beautiful fish! Are all those brown spots sea-lice? Freshest of the fresh!

Kenneth

19. good one!