SRC? WTF!?!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by SeaRun Fanatic, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Honestly, even "cuttie" doesn't bug me when spoken, though I hate it when written (I generally believe in more, rather than less, formality in the written word). Similarly, I'd venture a guess that most every cutthroat fisherman that has spent significant time chasing them has said "wow, that's a beautiful cutt" at least a few times over the years. In BC they talk about "cutties". A lot. It's human nature to truncate when speaking. By contrast, SRC just seems completely contrived and silly to me; like Leland said, is anyone really going to refer to fishing for es-ar-see's when talking to a buddy? I don't know, maybe... people do talk about heading to "the OP", (or BC... see above) so who knows. SRC still sounds and feels disrespectful and/or trivializing to me.

2. Steve Rohrbach

Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

SRF, please drop this thread. You use cutts and cutties in your written posts. If you hate it, stop doing it. It is difficult to follow your thoughts from post to post.

3. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

Thank you Steve

4. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

No, please don't stop this most stimulating and important thread...I'm literally on the verge of making a decision on this one :D

5. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Didn't I refer to acronyms earlier? WTF.

6. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

This thread is retarded. Go fishing.

7. gldntrt40

gldntrt40 Member

Not been here long but it seems a thread is not done until enemies are made and insults exchanged and sides chosen.
    I'd hate to get everyone in one room, worse than a class reunion

8. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Let's talk about the NBA and the NHL coming to Seattle....

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

You've crossed the line DFL.

10. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Same as others I use searun cutthroat out of respect for Les. I could care less how much of the rest of you talk or type for I have yet to aquire the same level of respect for you as I have for Les.

11. ryfly

ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

This is sooo important.

12. gldntrt40

gldntrt40 Member

Oh yeah, NHL!! For sure I'd go to 5 + games a year.

NBA is not my cup of tea anymore.. but if it helps get an new arena-for sure.
    Besides, one day the Sonics might be worth watching.

13. gldntrt40

gldntrt40 Member

Arrogance goes a long ways. Hey, and it is great to show a good man respect, but why cheapen it with
    cheapshots and a ignorant blanket statement?

I doubt anyone here gives a rip what you think of them.

Much like I don't respect your gun-toting, sea lion rant-"they are here on MY earth" bullshit too.
    I doubt you cry to mommy about my respect level I offer either..

14. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

You can interepret my posts anyway you want. It is obvious you don't understand them. At least you got the above right.

15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Go fishing people.

16. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

DFL, that is about the only thing I can think of that would be more useless than arguments/discussion about respect and the use of nomenclature of SRC, cutties, cutts, cutties...

(Just kidding Larry, a discussion of body functions would be worse).

17. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

SRC is mildly annoying. I guess it's ok in print. I've never heard anyone actually say it. The trendy attempts at steelhead descriptions like steelface, chrome dome, etc. are more annoying. The most annoying is guys trying to make their own abbreviated names for rivers. Some rivers have a nickname that's decades old and accepted. But there are abbreviations that I hear or see online and just assume it's a noob's attempt at making his own nickname.

18. Kerfwappie

Kerfwappie Member

I need more "Cow Bell"

19. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

Funniest post in all 6 pages.

Thanks, Eric.

Dave

20. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

SRC? BFD!?!GO FISH!?!