stalking a brown

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by mute, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ok heres some fish pulled from the stream

2. Okay.
    Still, none of those seem to be 31+ inches, or 15 pounds.
    I guess it's hard to tell for me when the fish is hanging vertically!

Good on ya' for stalking them with a flyrod!

3. they put some beasts in there...all "put and take" into an eventual hot tub of a stream with no chance of survival? Now I see what you meant by "strong mofo".

4. haha yea riseform. Really sucks its not a limestone stream deep into the woods or catch and release only with those fish in there. And wooly bugger, well those fish dont match up with the stats. Those are random tournement pics, but the stats are just some of the big ones pulled out. Its so sad during seeing all these fish with 5 spinners in their tails too

5. And since were on the subject of big browns check out these babies if you never seen the site before.

http://www.solarexpert.com/fishing/catch-n-release2.html

Also any tips for nymphing for suckers? i only tried one fly because of time but it was a like 16 PT and i dropped it right in front of their nose multiple times no suck ups

6. WOW totally amazing as I was going to say I have seen fish that big in Stoney Creek & Clark Creek in Dalphin county.... 30 years ago. I remember whole pools of fish just sitting there and impossible to catch.
    I grew up in Cumberland County near Silver Springs Run and the Conodoguinet Creek. I never saw a fish sit out like that in any of those Limestoners. If he was in a hatchery to that size he probably has lost some natural instinct.... probably thinks your coming to feed him pellets.

7. I've never seen a kype that big on a trout before, geezus that's nuts!!!

8. That's a hatchery breeder and his brains are boiled dude. Crawdad or Chub pattern tied clouser style might tick him off enough to take a bite. Or you can stand downstream with a net and have a cooked fish float into your net.