Starbucks Coffee

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by freestoneangler, Aug 25, 2013.

1. I just saw the piece on NW News about some folks in the "Land of Oz" trying to make Starbucks change their policy on allowing personal carry firearms in their stores. I sure hope the company holds their ground and does not start revising policy for these liberal pacifists. I wonder if they would have to refund all the money folks have shelled out for Starbucks & Gun's t-shirts, sweatshirts and bumper stickers?

2. It's a different country, different mindset, and holds different values. The people you're accusing of being liberal may very well not be.

3. I'd have to agree with Freestoneangler here; so far, Starbucks has told the hoplophobes that Starbucks will follow the RCW on this, but they also donate to some pretty liberal causes. Those stickers though, aren't related to Starbucks; they're a (slightly) different logo. Pretty close, though. Hell, if I have to go into a Starbucks for coffee, I'll tuck my shirt in and voila-open carry!

4. Where can I get one of those Starbucks & guns T-shirts?

5. Sportco in Fife.
    I work at Starbucks and had a very serious woman come in and ask if we had any of the stickers in stock.
    I smiled and told her the same. Needless to say the boycott seemed to be a fail. :)
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

6. Two short sentences tells you a lot about our government. And I might add a good percentage of the rest of society.

We are told NOT to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics.
    BUT
    We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Contrary to popular belief, and what the media would have us believe/accept, the U.S. of A is not a democracy. A democracy being where the majority rules. We are a Republic. The Constitution protecting the individual from the tyranny of the majority.

7. Starbucks is just playing it smart I think. By following the law, they can't really be criticized by any group.

My doubts about Starbucks go back to not very long ago when they succumbed to political correctness and removed the cleavage from their logo.
    Jack

8. When we saw the story on the news about the boycott my wife turned to me and said "so we're going to Starbucks in the morning!"

Eyejuggler likes this.
  9. Looks like Mr. Schultz is OK with losing some patrons...pretty much figured that would happen.

10. Word has it that open carry (even concealed carry w/permit) is no longer welcome at Starbucks. OoooKaaay. Add another gun free zone for the whacko's to ply their trade.

11. Piss on `em. I carry. Their inability to un-wad their panties isn't my problem. And I ignore "gun free" zones, just like the criminals do. What they can't see, they can't see.

bennysbuddy, plaegreid and speyfisher like this.