Steelhead "close" to North Seattle

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by daveypetey, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Hey all-

First off thanks to everyone for all the advice, tips, and reports so far this year. I'd love to get into some steelhead before I move away next summer. I'm still waiting for my copy of Passion for Steelhead to arrive. Unfortunately I rarely have more than a day off at a time, to fish. What rivers/streams should I be focusing my efforts on that are relatively close to North Seattle? I guess by close I mean water I can get onto in a couple hours from home, and be back in time for the wife getting off work at 7pm, and still have enough energy to focus at work the next morning at 630am. Any direction at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Skykomish or NF Stilly

3. All of the "S" rivers are within a couple of hours of North Seattle. For summer runs, the Skykomish and NF Stilly. For winter runs, the Skykomish, Snoqualmie, Stilly, Sauk, Skagit to the north, and the Green, Puyallup, and even the Cowlitz to the south are within your driving time parameters.

4. Awesome. I wish all cities I've lived in had this kind of ff community.

5. You could be fishing the SAUK right now for big ass downstream bull trout

6. Youll wish you had a 2 hander for that river for sure

7. you could try NF STILLy near fortson

8. You could remove the Green and Puyallup rivers for Steelhead. Though the Sky, and Snow are decent choices

9. Sky is a great river to fish.

10. Thanks again everyone. Hope to get out Thursday if I don't work all night Wednesday.

11. Check with the folks at Avid Angler in Lake Forest Park, probably the closest fly shop to you....they know the "S" rivers really well.

12. Avid angler is a great shop, with tons of great tying supplies and helpful staff

troutpocket likes this.
  13. Avid Angler is great, but Patrick's fly shop on Eastlake is a lot closer to you. Just south of the Zoo Tavern, not 5 minutes from the U district. I've gotten some great "s" river advice there.

Ozzy68 likes this.
  14. I will throw my 2 cents in for Teds in Lynnwood.

15. Hey guys-

Thanks to some awesome members I got into 2 steelhead this weekend, and only 90minutes from my door. Pretty happy about it, even though I didn't get them to hand.

FlyinFish likes this.
  16. Good for you. That underlined, statement in red, puts you in the company of a lot of steelhead anglers. As they say, "THE TUG IS THE DRUG".