Steelhead in the Grand Ronde?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Jim Kaiserman, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I have a trip planned for a few days in early October on the Ronde with a bunch of guys. Does anybody have any news on whether the steelhead have entered the Ronde yet? They should be close as we have outstanding numbers over Lower Granite.

Jim Kaiserman

2. You answered your own question. :)

3. I dont think the steelhead are headed for the Grande ronde. all will by pass for othe rivers:rofl:

4. Most of them will go to the Clearwater.

5. Jim,
    Call and leave a message on my cell phone Monday night and I will let you know how pre-fishing went, when I check my messages on the land line at Boggans. four2five.760.7878

6. Nah, was just there. I think all the Ronde and Clearwater fish are hanging out together enjoying the bathwater in the Snake. :rofl:

7. Early Oregon fish are all the way up to Troy. Water temp is still a little warm. This week has been cool so..... Some fish could have moved up, next couple of days will tell the story. I am going down tomorrow until Saturday. Up to Pullman for the Coug/Duck game. Neither team has a quarterback so anything can happen. BTW last year this fly was a killer on the lower Ronde. If you want more info PM me.

Tight Lines.
    ptyd

8. The Snake is still warm. Best to give it another few weeks.

9. I'm heading over tomorrow myself. Reports I'm getting all say fishing is horrible....stay home.....it's really, really bad!:rolleyes:

All funning aside, have fun. I hope it's good!!!

10. cool fly. what does btw mean. is the white polar bear? mike w

11. Don't know about the polar bear, looks like it, but BTW means "By The Way"

LB

12. Just got back from Heller, fished the mouth of the Ronde up to the pig farm. Great weather, ok fishing. hooked 6 fish landed 3 in two days. Not too crowded except the mouth of the Ronde. the Rock Garden just from the mouth has totally changed not much fishable water any more, filled in by gravel from the heavy flows this spring. Caught some at the mouth, down into the Snake a some up above the Rogersburg bridge. All and all not too bad, great to back out and try to remember how the throw a spey rod.

Tight Lines,
    ptyd

13. The thermal block on the Snake has broken and the fish are pushing up hard. Expect good numbers in the Rhonde and the Snake above the Clearwater.

14. Ray, the snake has actually climbed in temperature in the last week. It is sitting at just over 64 degrees currently. Still too warm for steelhead to move in large numbers up the tributary streams that are flowing simliar temperatures.

15. Sure..... Keep thinking that..... It's down 4 degrees C from two weeks ago and fluctuates with the dam releases. The Salmon is sitting at 57 degrees. A buddy of mine just hammered the fish at Heller Bar this last weekend, landing 19 and 25 respectively on Saturday and Sunday. You stay in M-town, and I'll be in L-town rippin' lip.

16. I love internet steelhead reports. Its hot. It's cold. Up, down all around. All I really know is I have never landed 25 steelhead in 1 day.

17. Between two of us, we hooked 15 and landed 10 on Friday.

18. I too like internet reports, they seem to make and break the fishing in a river.

19. On flies?

20. Gear.