Steelhead Jig Swap. Oh No's!

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by JesseC, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

A sampling of any yarn, thread or some mylar that I found. who knows what else and some very old jigs that I had no paint for and the color doesn't go well. I'm afraid no one will want to fish these. But they willl be different for sure. Good luck all. how's your imagination. Pictures after they're in the mail.
  2. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    I've never seen your wife with pink socks on, so that only leaves one person that wears pink socks in the house....
  3. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    just sent mine out, expect them thursday and enjoy.
  4. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +724 / 0
    PhotoSenior - yours have been recieved! thanks for being on time!
  5. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +307 / 0
    How's everyone doing on these?
  6. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Shipped on tuesday.
  7. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Jesse I'm lost looked all through here and can't find the address. I've done 15 and they're all coming to you so you'd better duck. I had most of mine made before I saw about size of jig. any way you get what I had cause I'm not buying anything for this stuff. Mine are really ugly and may scare the fish worse than they scare you guys. Using what I have here there is wool yarn acrylic yarn, mohair and alpaca and Polyester and antron. The only yarn I had that I didn't use was the egg yarn which I'll save for another story. You can repaint the heads and dye the yarns and they are bulky so can be trimmed a lot and brushing them out will be the best thing to do. If you find a way to put a handle on them then a mop will be the most practical use. Oh and one thing different than the others, There is not one of them that matches any other so if you use it and loose it, its gone I have lots of yarn but I made no cross reference to anything so you'd have to write your own recipe. Do you reallize if you buy yarn at the knitting shop you get anything from 90 yds to 250 or more yards for about $5.00. If you buy at the fly shop you get 5 yards for about $2.50 so I have a big tub full of skeins of yarn. Okay all in the mail today and Happy fishin!!
  8. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Bob, did you not get Jesse's PM with the address?
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Mine will be mailed by 2/4 for sure. Earlier if I can. Gotta set some time aside for the Sportsman's Show ya know.
  10. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +724 / 0
    Bob - you're good to go - just PM'd you my address. Only a couple more days to go guys.
  11. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

YEah I got it the first time and forgot it was a pm so the second time it told me to wake up. They left today about noon with our very competent mail lady.AND YOU SHOULD GET THEM BY MONDAY. I'll be dammed some one hit the caps lock when I wasn't looking. You aren't going to beleave them. I should apologise now for giving you all such crap. Anyway Happy fishin!!
  12. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Sure you come sneaking into my neighborhood trying to not get caught with out a word that you 'd be here. It's too late now or I would have l done something I don't know what just some stupid thing to mess you up. by not giving warning you saved me having to figure something out. Enjoy the show.
  13. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Let's see if I can show everyone the really ugly jigs that will never get fished, They are so bad Jesse might never mention jigs again. then again if someone catches any thing it's apt to be a monster wild thing that's not afraid of ugly, Like a big ling cod or similar ugly thing. okay let's see! View attachment 38428 There they are ugly as sin, Enjoy,:rofl::rofl::rofl: bring your 9wt and be sure to 'DUCK":rofl::rofl::rofl:
  14. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    You'all are sinning you know...I'll prey for your misguided souls.

Eric
  15. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    your right about not getting fished! by me atleast:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  16. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Sorry Blake but I had to do it. I really have to improve my tying and get some decent ties for swaps or stay out. I know it's not fair to the rest of you. I found I have another ten black jig heads that are larger yet I won't do them to anybody.. good luck with the rest of the ties.
  17. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    On the contrary Bob. It is a jig swap. I am no one to say whats fish able and whats not. It would just be impossibly hard for me to put that on my line before the box of goodies I have at my disposal. sorry I'm a dick.
    Secondly you have some really good ties. I cant wait to get me that egg suckin leech from the down and dirty swap, those look great, and tied very well!
    that egg sucker WILL make it to my line.

I pretty much was agreeing with you! they def are "Jig-o-mops" ha ha
  18. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    How's this coming along guys? Everybody finished up yet. Who's left?
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    I'm left. Deadline to mail by 2/4 will be met with ease though. I think I have three to finish. Had to take a break and go stand in the rain not catching big native steelhead for three days. Did find a gross and nice sized coho though...and he hit a dirty fly...bead head egg sucking bunny leech.
  20. Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Mine went out in the mail today.