Steelhead Nymphs

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by SteelieD, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Can't help you much because I only swing dries on a floater long belly and a 15 foot rod..........but if I were to ever nymph I might use one of these :thumb:

OR the "dirty dirty ringlee special" Sick fly by the way chris.

Oh and no one said the egg sucking bunny leach.... probably one of my best anytime anywhere any method flies. Including dead drifting it.

2. dude the hole in your desk for the vice is awesome

3. Well IBN, after carefully observing you photo I think I figured it out. I kept asking myself why you would be using cutoff aluminum cans like and than it dawned on me.

5. Nymphs for steelhead? Heck I've been having great luck nymphing coho, chum, and whitey springs on the Vedder. Spey rod, AFS floater, X-fast poly leader, and anything buggy (even got some on some ugly golden and green stones). Great for the pocket water.

6. The answer is easy, steelhead like cheap beer like some of the rest of y'all. He's soaking them in Busch Lite.

7. Mid-page: flies for the Rogue.
    http://www.rogueflyfishers.org/

Other flies (not nymphs) that have proven to be the cat's meow are two Atlantic Salmon patterns: Volcano and the Flamethrower. More fish on these two AS patterns than everything else put together.:ray1: