Steelhead - Our Fickle Mistress!

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Courtesy Flush, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Kerry and I will try to save this thread.. We could argue about rods mebbe?

2. In the interest of not wasting energy targeting one another...I'll start. Join in if you feel it...come on...you can feel it...sing it loud.

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya

O Lord, kumbaya

3. Mumbles, give it a break man, just give it a break.

4. This thread has done everything that it will do, whatever that may be.
    Les

5. Reminds me of camp......the good old days.

Brett, say hi, don't say hi, whatever....

Lock her down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Sorry Kerry S. I could not pass up on the moment.

7. Dude, flashbacks to the movie "Maverick"....

As for not doing anything till tribal netting is fixed; you are flat out not seeing the forest for the trees. Tribes may take fish, but more than anything, it's the stuff we do in our everyday life that causes these fish the biggest issues: our own hatcheries, urban sprawl, non-tribal poaching, dams, etc.... Let's get our own shop in order first please, then tackle something the *state* doesn't have the power to modify at this point.

8. Les,

How right you are!

Buck,

Stick with your beloved trout and quit the ranting about a fish as you said you don't even care to fish for.

To those who want the tribal netting to stop, take it up with you Congressman or Senators and get them to change pr eliminate the treaty fishing tribes treaties because this is the only way to stop it since it was ruled by the US Supreme Court in US v. WA back in the '70's when it affirmed the Bolt Decision that the treaty fishing tribes have a right to fish for them by any means they wish short of poisoning or dynamite. Oh, and good luch with getting your Congressman or Senators to introduce such a bill, let alone getting it passed by the whole House and Senate and then getting the president to sign it.

9. So, in order for the wild steelhead to survive, I am supposed to get my congressman or my senator to get a supreme court ruling over turned, get new legislature making it illegal to retain a steelhead, get it to pass both the upper and lower house, get my entire government to forget about treaty signed hundreds of years ago, and then get the president of the united states to sign in the new law....... Let me just get right on that.
    Thanks FT for making me feel like I really don't want to get involved. And I never said I don't care for steelhead.

BTW the whole house includes the senate.

10. LOL

Classic quote!