?Steelhead Patterns?

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by lotech joe, Jan 18, 2005.

1. lotech joe New Member

Spokane Valley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    :confused: If the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, I may have a steelhead fishing trip coming down the pike. I've never been steelhead flyfishing and I haven't the slightest idea what the best patterns are for the water I may be traveling to. I'm hoping to make it to the Grande Ronde or the Clearwater in Idaho. Does anyone have an idea what patterns I should build? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lotech Joe
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Joe,

Let me think on it for a few minutes and I'll give ya some patterns to try. Do I know you from another board as well?

REE
  3. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    JOE:
    You got some real experience right at your finger tips at the Silver bow tying group. Patrick has the killer Grande Ronde Fly. Orange and Black Articulated leech. I have caught a fish there this year on a Black articulated rabbit leech. Ialso have another pattern that has had some action. Orange and red deer hair streamer with dazl-eyes, I would be glad to give you a couple of things that you can copy that I got from Dennis Dicksons Favorites for the Ronde. Let me know.
    jesse clark
  4. lotech joe New Member

Spokane Valley, WA, USA.
    Ron,
    Yes we've met. Check your email. :thumb:
    Jesse,
    When is the next get together at the Silver Bow.
    I'm planning on being there. :confused:
  5. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    Joe:
    We probably wont meet at the SB until the 2nd Friday in Feb. if you are going steelheading before then you need to stop by the shop and get some info from Patrick. Or: I could get some patterns to you so you could copy them. I could leave a package at the SB for you I don't think Sean would mind. Let me know. :thumb:
    jesse clark
  6. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    Now, That Is what makes this THE BEST SITE ON the NET!
    People are nicer here!!! :beer2:
  7. lotech joe New Member

Spokane Valley, WA, USA.
    jesse,
    I can be at the SB on Saturday. If you're going to leave me a package, make it left over junk. I can't afford much, if anything right now. :beathead:
    Thanks,
    Joe