Steelhead photos?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by StuFarnham, May 14, 2005.

1. StuFarnham

StuFarnham Member

Home Page:
    I'm hoping one of you can help me with a project I've started.

My father is 83 and in a long-term care facility. I am making him a fly plate of some of my steelhead flies, but, in looking through my photos, I find I don't have a steelhead photo good enough to put on the plate.

So, I'm wondering if one of you has a photo you'd be willing to share for this purpose. One of the fish-and-fly-rod shots, a beautiful river shot, etc would be great.

If it's a digital photo it should ideally be 3+ megapixels and 100+ PPI.

Please PM me if you think you can help.

TIA,

Stu

2. TomB

TomB Active Member

I don't have any great photos for you because I haven't caught that many steelhead, but I do want to say that I think you are doing a wonderful thing for your father. I hope it turns out really well.
    -Tom

3. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
  4. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Member

Media:
    Stu

My best to your Dad I know all about the long term care facility. I just spent a week with my mom back east in one with her. She has terminal cancer so it is just a matter of months now for our family.

Here is probably my best steelhead picture its a big wild buck from Michigan's Pere Marquette River two years ago, released of course.

Best

BG

[​IMG]

5. boxcar

boxcar Scott Willison

Here's a close up of a late summer run from the NF Stilly. I always thought this would make a neat back drop for a fly plate. I have some rod/fish shots as well, but I need to sort through them first.

6. StuFarnham

StuFarnham Member

Home Page:
    Thanks, all

Thanks to everyone who responded, both ere and privately :beer2:

(BG, your photo is not coming through) I've received a number of nice photos and think I have what I need for my project.

My dad is the reason I fish. Growing up as a kid in the Northest, we fished (gear and bait) for tautog, blufish, and flounder every weekend. At the time I thought it was just for sport. Looking back, I realize we were quite poor and that we were also putting food on the table.

He's 83 now, in an extended care facility in Connecticut with Parkinson's and emphysema. His hearing is to the point where he can't use the phone, even with his hearing aid. As a result, I travel back when I can and send write to him every couple of weeks. The shdow box with which you helped will be his Father's Day gift this year.

Stu