Steelhead???

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by DW, May 29, 2003.

1. DW

DW New Member

Anyone want to get together for some Steelhead fishing on Sunday?

If so, let me know. I was thinkin' bout going, and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to get together.

- DW

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I'm going out fishing on sunday but I'm not to sure as to where. I've been looking at the flow charts lately and all of the major rivers seem to be running high due to all of the snow melt. Was up on the S/F Stilly yesterday and up to about Red Bridge it was moving pretty good. And very dirty from Gold Basin on down. If I didn't have anything else to do I would check out the upper Sky as the lower is running at about 9000 cu.ft. per sec.. But the N/Fork of the Stilly looks to be alright.

Jim

3. Luv2flyfish

Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

DW,

Where were you looking at going? I may be interested depending on location.

4. miked

miked New Member

ya i will go. Im thinking the n/fork around c-post befor sunup.:beer1

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I went out to do the river checking thing today and all the rivers that I was by were high. If you have ever fished the Sky and were at the Cracker bar, well that bar is still under water. In fact of all the rivers that I fish in the summer all the spots that I usually go to are still under water. I checked out the Sky both forks and main river,Beckler,Rapid,both forks Foss,Miller,Tye and Money Creek and they are all still high. But I have my eye on a smaller place and I think that it is always in shape. Unless it rains like hell tonight and tomorrow..And as I look out my window what do I see.....RAIN

Jim

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

According to the flow charts,this might be the only place that is fishable. I was thinking along the same lines. But a little higher up...Say about the Boulder river access. This is just above where the Boulder river comes in at. But at C.Post before sunup sounds fine. By the way what time does the sun come up. I've been waking up a 5 o'clock in the AM and it's light already.

Jim

7. onthefly

onthefly New Member

Are you guys open to one more? I live in Monroe, and was thinking about heading over to the Sky Sunday morning as well...

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

As I'm getting older and still have nothing to do until tomorrow. I decided to check out the N/F Stilly. And It is in Beautiful shape. It starts to color up at about Whitman Rd. But above there is is clearing up. Stopped at C.Post to see if I could see anything in the river,but alas that hole under the bridge is a lot bigger this year and just a little deeper so I couldn't see into it. Also stopped up by Hazel and didn't see anything there either.

But what bugs were coming off were those lime green ones. I'm not to much into that bug thing so I will try to describe what is flying around. It is lime green in color with cream colored wings and it appeares that there are four wings. It might be a good idea to use a Lime Trude or same color Stimulator. Size is about a 14.

Jim