steelie prince

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by luv2fly2, Oct 7, 2008.

1. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    i am looking for a or the recipe for a steelhead prince nymph. thanks, mike w
  2. Chukar Spey I'll take Chukar & Steelhead all day, every day!

Nampa, ID
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The one's I have seen have just been a larger version of the original. Maybe with a hot bead or hot wire rib. You could even go so far as to sub in an SLF body of natural or "steelhead" color and use different color biots. Others have a some webby soft hackle in addition to a little flash or color.

Not much help, but hey...
  3. obiwankanobi Active Member

Ratings: +98 / 0
    The best patterns that I have seen are tied on a Caddis curved hook where the abdomen is comprised of ice peacock dubbing and has a butt of pink or orange ice dubbing. If you can find pink or orange dyed biots that would make the pattern that much more attractive, at least to the fisherman.
  4. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Somewhere you don't know about, WA
    Ratings: +53 / 1
    I have used a steelhead prince with the lite bright dubbing. They make a peacock color which is money. I throw on some rubber legs add some lead underneath and and add a red throat to the fly. They worked well for me last fall.
    I tied some on a Gami finesse wide point and I really liked how the fly looked and it had a nice gap for a small fly.
  5. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    pm charlie erdman, he ties a good one.
  6. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Thats who I got mine from. He does tie up some good looking one!
  7. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Here is a picture of the dubbing prince. These are good!:thumb:
  8. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

substituting for a hotbead is a good bet too
  9. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    guys, thank you for your input. you have been most helpful. i tied the dubbing with a hot bead,wow. i will see if it works in the p.m. will let you guys know if it works . mike w
  10. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    i forgot the word prince which went with dubbing prince, sorry. how dumb of me not to proofread the post, well live and learn. i wsually do that. mike w
  11. Keith Hixson Active Member

College Place, Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0